GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always press the lock button on my remote twice so I hear the chime. Does the alarm get set if I only press it once? I'm guessing it does, but I like to hear it so I know the car actually received the remote's transmission.

Anyhow, my Acadia is only a month old and sometimes when I press the lock button twice, it won't chime. I keep pressing "lock", but it just won't chime. When I get closer, I can hear the doors locking and locking again, but it won't chime. Sometimes I can get it to chime if I unlock and re-lock the doors or if I open and shut a door and retry. It seems to only have a problem intermittently after I open/close the hatch. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Not sure I'm clear on the question but one press is all you need to lock and arm the alarm.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just meant that if you press it twice, the horn sounds quickly to acknowledge that it's locked. It always does that but sometimes it will not sound the horn for some reason. Usually after I opened and closed the rear hatch.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
jasonkhonlaw said:
I just meant that if you press it twice, the horn sounds quickly to acknowledge that it's locked. It always does that but sometimes it will not sound the horn for some reason. Usually after I opened and closed the rear hatch.
I know my Envoy wouldn't sound the horn on the second press of the remote if a door wasn't closed completely. Maybe the hatch is sending a signal that it's not closed

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have noticed this as well but only after the rear hatch is the last to close. I ususally push the lock button about 5 or 6 times and it finally honks. I don't know if it is delayed as the hatch is still doing it's thing locking or what.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
khansen30 said:
I have noticed this as well but only after the rear hatch is the last to close. I ususally push the lock button about 5 or 6 times and it finally honks. I don't know if it is delayed as the hatch is still doing it's thing locking or what.
I believlights flash to let you know it locked. Haven't paid much attention to the honk or chimes though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts