GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have 2008 Acadia that has a water leak from the sunroof to the car inside. Windows are not rolling down beside the passenger side one. The doors wiring harness were filled with water that I had to dry all of them. My question is while I was cleaning the driver's side electrical pin connector, I broke couple pins so I tried to order the connector itself so I can cut the wiring from the back but I couldn't find it anywhere. Any suggestion? The picture attached is similar to my connector issue.
Electronics Technology Electronic device Electronic component Wall plate

·
Super Moderator
23,547 Posts
Same issue for me. Water into the plug. I've lost some pins. Where we can buy those replacement pins?
Your GM dealer's parts department should be able to help you get what you need.

·
Super Moderator
23,547 Posts
Not in Canada, my friend. I tried for the last week or so at few GM dealerships. No luck. One of them said that he might find the body side connector, but it's coming with the harness too.
Look in he service manual. Many times, there will be pin style and tool requirement in the electrical connector (pinout) diagrams. A link to the service manual is several repiles before your comment in the other thread in which you posted. The tools and pins can be found at an electronic supply warehouse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dealer doesn't want to discuss the door harness . Known problem that many dealerships across America are having to unfortunately Not Resolve at the expense of the owner. Class Action Lawsuit has been filed and the dealerships are telling owners that they can't fix it. Blown amplifiers, blown wiper motors, blown transmissions, moldy smelly wet floorboards, shorted fuse panels......GM has yet to reply....GM has yet to make payment in GOVERNMENT BAILOUT.!!!!

We are all on our own

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Dealer doesn't want to discuss the door harness . Known problem that many dealerships across America are having to unfortunately Not Resolve at the expense of the owner. Class Action Lawsuit has been filed and the dealerships are telling owners that they can't fix it. Blown amplifiers, blown wiper motors, blown transmissions, moldy smelly wet floorboards, shorted fuse panels......GM has yet to reply....GM has yet to make payment in GOVERNMENT BAILOUT.!!!!

We are all on our own
Wow. . too much misinformation it that posting.

And . . BTW . . . the government did get paid back for the reorganization funding GM received. . . . long ago.
Funny how some folks will complain about Foreign Aid, but then also complain when American taxpaying workers get help in order to keep their jobs and the company can stay in business which continues to generate payroll and other taxes while Foreign Aid often returns little.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts