GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 GMC Acadia SLT. Occasionally after starting the car instead of going to the Home screen on the video display I get a message that says something like "Looking at this screen while driving is dangerous...". It does not go away until I reach over (while looking at the screen) and push the "Dismiss" button. Notwithstanding the irony of having to look at a screen that is telling me that it is dangerous to look at the screen, does anyone know how to turn this stupid message off? I have been through all of the menus and can't seem to find anywhere to do this. Thank you!

Super Moderator
I see it every once in a while, too. If the message only dispays after starting the vehicle and before driving anywhere, dismiss it and hit the road! I've learned to laugh that off; as well all the messages about things I've turned off, but the vehicle still warns me about them being turned off. Thankfully, those messages disappear before I get out of the driveway (or reach ~8mph, whichever comes first 馃ぃ) without having to press 'dismiss.' With each new "safety innovation," we'll see more of the nanny state controlling what happens each time we get behind the wheel. Just be grateful the message doesn't lock the brakes and make driving impossible before pressing a 'button' to dismiss it.

Registered
Mine seems to do this every 10 starts or so maybe? I doubt it can be turned off thru your DIC TBH.
Ironic, for sure.

Registered
I have a 2019 GMC Acadia SLT. Occasionally after starting the car instead of going to the Home screen on the video display I get a message that says something like "Looking at this screen while driving is dangerous...". It does not go away until I reach over (while looking at the screen) and push the "Dismiss" button. Notwithstanding the irony of having to look at a screen that is telling me that it is dangerous to look at the screen, does anyone know how to turn this stupid message off? I have been through all of the menus and can't seem to find anywhere to do this. Thank you!
I have a 2019 Acadia Denali, I've seen the same message and had the same thought. I have to reach over to the touch screen, to turn it off. Unlike the other messages where I can use the button on the steering wheel to acknowledge

Registered
I also enjoy the warning about ice possible. Yeah, I live in Michigan, ice is pretty normal...

Super Moderator
"Karens" crack me up!! 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ

Registered
Yeah, like people don't know that ice forms when it's cold outside (or inside for that matter).
Most modern vehicles give some sort of warning. Worst I had was my 03 325i; DING DING DING
Just about loud enough to alarm the driver...

Super Moderator
Most modern vehicles give some sort of warning. Worst I had was my 03 325i; DING DING DING
Just about loud enough to alarm the driver...
Automatic seat belts and cars that spoke warnings were fun. :rolleyes: I always thought a 'tone of voice' option would have been cool for the talking cars. The voice they used was boring. 馃ぃ

Registered
Automatic seat belts and cars that spoke warnings were fun. :rolleyes: I always thought a 'tone of voice' option would have been cool for the talking cars. The voice they used was boring. 馃ぃ
Back in '84, I bought a Dodge Turbo Daytona. It had the voice module. At times it could be pretty annoying as it spoke in a monotone.

Registered
Most modern vehicles give some sort of warning....
I understand that - my point was along the lines of if someone doesn't have the intellect to know ice forms when it's cold without being told likely doesn't have the necessary mental prowess to safely operate a vehicle under any conditions.

Super Moderator
I understand that - my point was along the lines of if someone doesn't have the intellect to know ice forms when it's cold without being told likely doesn't have the necessary mental prowess to safely operate a vehicle under any conditions.
You'd be surprised to know how many people don't realize that ice can form on bridges and overpasses before the temperature drops to 32掳F. My Acadia would display the 'ice possible' message at ~35掳F if the temperature decreased while driving - haven't yet seen when it first appears on the XT5.

Registered
You'd be surprised to know how many people don't realize that ice can form on bridges and overpasses before the temperature drops to 32掳F.
No I wouldn't - thus my original statement on the subject.

Super Moderator
Lots of nimrods (or numbnuts) out there! I always laugh when that message pops up and say, "Thank you, Sherlock." 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts