GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dome lights won't turn on when doors open. I tried using the override button and tuning the dail, still no lights. But when I look at the light under the dash that lights floor its flashing. Can someone help me with this issue? BTW, the dome lights will turn on when I push the dome buttons on the roof.

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Reading (map) lights are controlled differently. The courtesy lamp system is kind of complex. It involves the RCDLR, headlamp switch, door switches, and BCM. Getting to the solution of your car's problem may not be a simple process.

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
One other simple thing to check is the connector at the headlight switch. Make sure it's plugged in properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There they may be corrosion in a relay located in the post of where the driver door closes ( sorry I'm not familiar with the name of this post). I was having a delay in the lights coming on and radio turning off when the driver door was opened. There was a leak in the seal of rear moon roof, and the water was running down the inside of the post.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
3 Participants
MrSinister803
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing