GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Acadia for almost three months now and for the most part really love it. It is a blast to drive and is extremely quiet. However this last week my dome lights quit working. I have tried the dome override switch and that hasn't fixed the problem.

I have also noticed that my outside temp gauge always says it is alot hotter than it actually is (for example it will say it is 110 degrees when it is actually 75 degrees outside. Just seeing if anyone else has had these issues and if it was an easy enough fix for the dealer's service department.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
RedRooster said:
I have had my Acadia for almost three months now and for the most part really love it. It is a blast to drive and is extremely quiet. However this last week my dome lights quit working. I have tried the dome override switch and that hasn't fixed the problem.

I have also noticed that my outside temp gauge always says it is alot hotter than it actually is (for example it will say it is 110 degrees when it is actually 75 degrees outside. Just seeing if anyone else has had these issues and if it was an easy enough fix for the dealer's service department.

Thanks!
The only issue I have seen with the dome lights is the override switch, so if you already have pressed that button, then you are the first to really report a dome light problem.

The temp reading does start out really high. Based on the current programming it won't come down until a certain amount of time driving. There is a thread somewhere on this forum that details two buttons you can push on the dash that reset it and force it into adjustment mode right away. I'm not sure where that thread is and cannot remember the buttons, but I bet you can find it with a little searching. GM is supposedly working on a fix to this, but I don't know of any solution yet.

·
Registered
635 Posts
[/quote]

The only issue I have seen with the dome lights is the override switch, so if you already have pressed that button, then you are the first to really report a dome light problem.

The temp reading does start out really high. Based on the current programming it won't come down until a certain amount of time driving. There is a thread somewhere on this forum that details two buttons you can push on the dash that reset it and force it into adjustment mode right away. I'm not sure where that thread is and cannot remember the buttons, but I bet you can find it with a little searching. GM is supposedly working on a fix to this, but I don't know of any solution yet.
[/quote]

Make sure pushing the dome button switch and not the brightness nob - it took me a day to figure that one out.

Hold down at the same time the "recirculate and A/C (snowflake)" buttons (ones on top, ones on buttom of your pannel). This will reset the outside temp gage. It will start at around 100 but will quickly start dropping down to the correct temp.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
khansen30

You raise a good point about the dome switch. The first time I tried to find it I had to look at it for awhile before I realized what looked to be the trim above the switch was actually another override switch.

Also thanks for the info on the 2 buttons to press. I remember doing this one time to check it out, but then forgot which buttons they were.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You can also try hard-resetting the temp sensor. It's mounted behind the grille, driver's side, near the top. Unplug, start, turn-off, replug. I've had to do this once due to a sticky reading (stuck at 22C), but never since.

Personally, I would just bring it in and have it looked at. That's what warranty is for. One of the reasons I buy new cars is because, unlike my project cars, I do not like having to break out a wrench to get my daily driver fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts