GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
???
Just purchased my new Acadia a couple of weeks ago(SLT - AWD in Gold Mist) and I can not seem to get the dome lamps to come on when the doors open. The manual on page 3-17 states that when the override button is extended the dome lamps should come on when a door is opened. I have tried both settings(in and extended) and can't get it to work. Can anyone help?
Also there is a small hole that is just above the universal home remote controls for the garage door opener that projects a gentle light that illuminates the control panel and console. I did not see this feature in the manual and was wondering where I could find information about it.

Aside from the dome lamp issue I really love the vehicle!!!!

Thank you in advance for the help!

·
Premium Member
894 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK Joe,
Much appreciated. Wow you were right on track....I was confused by the reference to the override button and did not pay close enough attention to the button over the override that controlled the dome lights.
YEA!!! I am all set!

Also took her out for a spin this past week up to Lake Lure for a few days at Rumbling Bald resort and then to Charleston for the remainder of the week at Folly Beach(celebrating a big B-day). In the mountains the lower gears feature was right on....and she rode like a dream!!!!!!

Again ....thanks and I now know why you are a Hero member! :)

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Glad to help.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Akatia05 said:
???
Also there is a small hole that is just above the universal home remote controls for the garage door opener that projects a gentle light that illuminates the control panel and console. I did not see this feature in the manual and was wondering where I could find information about it.[/color]
Thank you in advance for the help!
In regards to the little amber light up near the universal home remote - this is just a nice feature that shines light onto the center console, enough to see things at night but not enough to bother you while driving. There is no mention of it in the manual - it can be dimmed if you use the dashboard lights dimmer dial (down near the headlight dial).

Here is a thread were this feature was talked about.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=802.0

Glad you like your vehicle. :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot for the information on the amber light John. I think it is a really nice touch too!

And......it was really great to be able to come out of work tonight, after dark, and click the doors locks open and have the dome lights come on!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think I sat in the car for almost an hour the first night when I bought it to figure it out. I read the manual, and played with the dimmer switch everywhich direction. I almost called Onstar. Than I got out, looked at the dimmer switch, and I just saw it. I was like ugh. Thanak God.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just recieved my Acadia yesterday, and noticed the dome lights dont come on also, I played around with the dimmer switch, haven't had time to look after reading this. The layout of the controls are all new to me, traded in my 3/4 ton pickup, which never had near the buttons!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts