GMC Acadia Forum banner

For those that do not have the Bose Sound Systems, does your Speed Comensation Volume work on your R

• Yes, it turns the volume up or down as I drive faster or slower.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the volume stays the same at all times.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Outlook with the Advance Audio Package and it is suppose to have Speed Compensation Volume like my Acadia does. Before someone asks, Yes I have it turned on to the highest setting. When I drive the volume doesn't change at all like it does on the Acadia. The volume will increase or decrease every 10mph you go in the Acadia. For those with the base model radio in your Acadia does yours work?

·
Registered
395 Posts
It doesn't seem to. I had it checked by the dealer and they said it was working, it's just not very obvious because the volume change is small. I don't really buy that and plan to bring it to another dealer to get the other repairs done that this dealer said were not broken and to fix the things they made worse. Just waiting on the transmission update and I'll bring it in again.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Compared to my wife's '03 Envoy there must be such minute volume changes that its pointless or I'm just going deaf. I'd say its simply not working, but haven't had time to look into with the dealer (nor do I look forward to dealing with the service department).

·
Registered
683 Posts
Wanted to update this...My Auto Volume works in the sense that when I go from off to High, I notice the difference. But this is in CD mode ONLY!!

However I still haven't tested if it actually played louder or softer due to outside wind noise...it's hot as H*LL in Chicago and I need the A/C! ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.