GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen mentioned in these forums that the Acadia's transmission will make some automatic adjustments based on driving habits and usage after the break-in period. Is this true? If so, could someone explain how this works?

I have a new 08 Acadia SLE. Loving it! Got a great price but wish I had a few extras (upgraded stereo with nav, leather, bucket seats in center row). ;D

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
All I could afford at the time of purchase was an SLE, but the captain's chairs in the second row were a must for me. :)

I originally learned how to "drive around" the way my transmission behaved. Then I had the first flash done. It wasn't so bad. In fact, there was hardly a difference. So it still drove okay for me. I was very hesitant to get the second flash done since I had adapted to my tranny's way of working... and unfortunately, I went ahead and did it anyway. It's been since last October and I still can't adapt myself to this transmission to make it work properly. It's much worse than it's ever been. If I could go back and do it all over again, I'd tell them to take that second tranny flash and shove it where the sun don't shine. Shifty (that's my Acadia's new name) and I haven't had a very good relationship since last October.

I don't think the transmission adapts to your driving style, I think you adapt to it. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.