GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wel, I have been at my searh for a few weeks now and have not been able to find the 'perfect' Acadia at the 'perfect' price.

Dealers are not willing to haggle with me due to "shortages" so now instead of going for a purchase, I thought a lease might be a the best way to go. Get into the car (even though it's not the exact package we want), save a few hundred bucks on payments v. purchasing and have a fixed selling price after the lease is over.

Does this make any sense or am I just grasping at straws here?

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's pretty much why we ended up leasing. If everything is hybrid in a few years... we didn't want to be stuck with a vehicle than might not be worth anything. This way at the end of the lease we can decide to buy it... or more than likely turn it back in and get something different. Just look at the prices of used Tahoes, Suburbans, ect... Which is what we were originally looking at. But with the price of gas.. I just couldn't justify it. My cousin has a 2wd '07 Tahoe.. and his BEST interstate mpg is 18mpg.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wel, time is ticking away till the lease is up in July and here is the most reasonable deal I have so far (given the limited inventory and the specifics we want).

08 Acadia SLT-1 AWD
Carbon/Ebony Leather
Conv. Pkg
Power Lift.
DVD

MSRP = $39,925
Dealer price w/ incentives = $36,229 (might use $700 GM cash to lower this)
39 mo, 12kyr, $0 down = $552/mo. with $684 due at signing

Their lease rate was 7.25, but was wondering if there is any way to play with this figure (or is it pretty much set)?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Waiting a little more helped I guess...still not much out there, so this looks to be it. :eek:

2008 GMC Acadia: FWD
Carbon/Leather - 2,2,3 seating
Convin. Pkg
Sunroofs
Power Lift
DVD

39 mo, 12k/yr
$529/mo, $0down, inception = first month+tags

·
Registered
69 Posts
How are you getting them to waive the security deposit that GM requires, I beleive it is $595.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you won't buy it, why it? That makes even less sense to me than leasing in general.

Unless one has a bona fide business requiring it, I have never understood the penchant for leasing a vehicle. After a few years one has to turn over the vehicle (and maybe pay penalties) or purchase (for what may be a less-than-desirable price). I know several people on the lease treadmill, always chasing another lease deal but never owning anything after ten years. All that money spent with no asset (either money or car) to show for it. I guess they take a great deal of value in always having the shiny new car...

I know this won't affect any behaviors, my sister is on that treadmill and she has yet to get off. She's always citing "no big money down," or "always under warranty" arguments. If she had swallowed some pride, after all this time her financial picture could have be entirely more favorable.

We worked ourselves up by buying older, used cars and saved for later. After a few years we sold and purchased another, never incurring horrendous debt or getting locked into fixed lease contracts.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I think it depends on the individual. My bro-in-law was buying new just under every 3 years and trading in before the 36000 mile mark. He took the depreciation hit every time. He switched to 3 year leasing and has overall saved money.

I'm a keep 'em 10 years or 150,000 mile kinda guy, so I tend to find buying to be cheaper.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I agree...it depends on the individual. My $.02, I don't want to be making a car payment
forever, and to me that is saving money down the road. After 5 years I will own and then
I can bank the monthly payment :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts