GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide betewen Ebony and Titanium for our new '08 Acadia purchase and showing dirt and normal wear and tear is important issue in the decision. How does the Titanium hold up? Other car we own has black interior so know how that holds up. But The Wife does not like the look of the Ebony interior in the Acadia.

Dave

·
Registered
381 Posts
1) Kids? If so, if not strapped into carseats, expect to clean often or have wall-to-wall floor mats.

2) Recommend quality floor mats for front, middle and rear. We like the Weathertech for the front. Wish there was a similar type for second row. Not happy with weathertech 2nd row mats. We aslo have weathertech for the back (rear down), like it, but it's two parts and the third row part is not collapsible. Our dogs live in da back.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I struggled with the same decision. I like the look of the titanium but I cannot see how that will not look dingy very quickly. I even noticed cars in the car show with similar color that already looked dirty and discolored. Maybe it cleans right up but I was not willing to take that chance so I went with ebony.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the Titanium and I love it. I have a 14 and 10 year old. I did the WeatherTech Floor Liners for the front and the Hexomats (gray) for the 2nd and 3rd row. Gives great coverage to protect the carpet. I've had our car for a month now and live in a very rainy and muddy state (Oregon) and so far I'm very happy that I went with the Titanium.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We had the same dilemma. We found that even the ones on the lot that were brand new had dirt on the titanium seats, just from the test drives. The dealer said she had the titanium and she said she has to clean it often. She said if you use leather shoe polish it works great and cleans up right away. But you have to stay on it. We have 2 young kids and ended up going with the ebony because we knew between the light seats and carpet, we'd be in trouble.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My first choice was Ebony, but all they could locate was one with titanium. I'm glad to have it now, as I think it looks good with the Black all weather mats and doesn't seem to be problematic for my family. (the light carpet,however, was getting trashed in only a few days time). As for the leather seats, they look splendid still, even with 3 kids. My hunch is that if you normally dirty a car easily, it won't really matter much whether your interior is light or dark. You may be able to hide the sins a little better with the Ebony, but dirt is still dirt. I guess I'll just have to re-evaluate that question in another 6 months or so. (I've had mine since Jan. '08). But, I currently have Black interior in an Envoy, and traded in my gray leather on a Yukon. I don't think the titanium will be any more difficult to keep clean then the gray was, and that was fine for 3 yrs.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I've had mine about 9 months now, have kids age 16, 13 and 9, and have not had to clean the titanium leather seats. There's no visible dirt on them. I would not be without all-weather mats for the floor in the winter though (or year-round with younger kids).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts