GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if the DIC gives out real time fuel consumption. Noticed during my test drive it only gave an average.

My vw jetta has both average and current. Did i miss the button on the DIC?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sorry, NO! Wish it did.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Dan-M said:
Sorry, NO! Wish it did.
Was done away with after 2004.

@003 Envoy had it,2005 Envoy Denali didn't

·
Registered
118 Posts
they did not do away with it. while my acadia was in the shop, they gave me a 2007 suburban that had both economy readings in its dic.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i have to disagree with NYJOE because my o6 yukon and our 06 corvette both give out current and average. It works by going to the average fuel economy and reseting it and then leaving it there while your driving, it will vary depenfing on your speed and load. i have not tried this in the acadia yet but i bet it does do it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
rollin thunder said:
i have to disagree with NYJOE because my o6 yukon and our 06 corvette both give out current and average. It works by going to the average fuel economy and reseting it and then leaving it there while your driving, it will vary depenfing on your speed and load. i have not tried this in the acadia yet but i bet it does do it.
O kay. Just came back from trip. While I was driving I went and hit the check button and cleared the fuel economy and yes it does change for a while, but I don't think it is giving instant fuel economy. What I think it is doing is just starting over, and for a while it goes through what looks like different fuel consumption readings. But at some point it was telling me I was getting 55 mpg and 40 somethings. Then after a few minutes and it has enough information in the computer it stops adjusting the usage. After about ten or fifteen minutes it basically said I was getting 22.2 mpg and if I coasted the consumption didn't skyrocket like it used to in the 02 Sierra. So my personal opinion stands that we are not getting instant fuel economy like one would think.

·
Registered
230 Posts
There is a read out for average fuel economy, which can be reset after a fill up. I agree that it's not instant, but it sure is a good average for that tank. I only used two tanks so far, and I calculated the mileage on both, and my numbers were pretty close to the DIC average for each tank.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I agree. It's great to reset the gage for each trip, or tank of gas. I was at 22.2 today for my trip to the fair. Not too bad. If you get right on the freeway after you clear it you will see the 25 mpg so I know I get that on the highway.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dan-M said:
rollin thunder said:
O kay. Just came back from trip. While I was driving I went and hit the check button and cleared the fuel economy and yes it does change for a while, but I don't think it is giving instant fuel economy. What I think it is doing is just starting over, and for a while it goes through what looks like different fuel consumption readings. But at some point it was telling me I was getting 55 mpg and 40 somethings. Then after a few minutes and it has enough information in the computer it stops adjusting the usage. After about ten or fifteen minutes it basically said I was getting 22.2 mpg and if I coasted the consumption didn't skyrocket like it used to in the 02 Sierra. So my personal opinion stands that we are not getting instant fuel economy like one would think.
Ya, my vw's fuel mileage will change every second plus the average one as well. Wonder why GM didn't add that feature in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts