GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Yukon XL lease is up at the end of June. I am going to replace it with an Acadia. I wondered if the residual on an 08 in June would be lower than an 09 in August (or as soon as you can get one)? Does the residual value drop month by month as the year goes on? Or by quarter?
I would never buy a 08 in June, even with $1,000 rebate, since it is already a year old. 3 years later at trade in time, they value it as a 4 year old car, which costs far more that $1,000.

Thanks,

MIKE

·
Registered
60 Posts
In my 10 years of leasing, the residual value decreases as the year goes on and it is usually monthly. However, I think the Acadia has actually held it's residual spanning several months. I think it's safe to assume the residual on the '09 will be higher, but you'll probably get a better cap. cost on the '08.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The finance manager at my dealer explained to me that the '08 Acadia residuals would drop once the '09 Acadia became available. Essentially, 12 months has been lost in value. So...if you lease vehicles you must take posession of an '08 Acadia by late July and...if you are doing traditional financing, you should strongly consider a 48-month term vs. a 60-month term OR apply a 15-20% down payment.

This is why you will begin to see some financial incentives on the '08 "old" models to push inventory. But....I believe overall Acadia inventory is low and/or at acceptable levels that those financial incentives may not show up to late 4th quarter.

With all this said, if you do traditional financing AND keep the vehicle for a minimum of 48 months...don't bother with any of this wisdom and just get the lowest purchase price you can, take care of your vehicle, and enjoy the ride.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Always lease the newest model year if possible, it's the best deal as far as residual. The same really applies to a purchase, unless you get a particularly good finance rate or huge amounts off sticker. Unless the lease is subsidized by the factory, it's a great way to predict resale on a car whether you're buying or leasing.

Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I talked to a Salesman who said he couldn't quote lease payments on an ordered car until it arrived. I supposed it is because of the residual changing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts