GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry... but I don't know how to ask this without sounding callous.. so here it goes.

My grandmother retired from Allisons (GM) years ago and qualified for the GMS discount... and as her grandson I too qualifed for the discount. She passed away last fall.. does anyone know if the discount still applies?

·
Registered
533 Posts
KB,

Here are some guidelines from the GM site re: eligibility:

Sponsored purchaser eligibility
I. NVPP (New Veh. Pur. Plan) purchase or lease:

Eligible employees and retired employees are able to sponsor their spouses, children, grandchildren, parents, stepparents, grandparents (including in-law and step), siblings (including full, half and step), stepchildren, stepgrandchildren, mother-/father-in-law, sons-/daughters-in-law and brothers-/sisters-in-law. Same-sex domestic partners (SSDP) of eligible participants also qualify, where applicable. (Note: Eligible SSDPs are treated the same as spouses and therefore, their eligible family members are also included. For more information, contact the National Benefits Center at 1.800.489.4646.)

The surviving spouses of deceased retired eligible employees are able to sponsor the same people the deceased retiree would have been able to sponsor under the current Rules and Guidelines, provided that they are receiving pension or health care benefits.

Eligible family members of GM employees on layoff or leave status may be sponsored purchasers only during the same period such employees are eligible purchasers.

The surviving spouses of deceased retired eligible employees are able to sponsor the same people the deceased retiree would have been able to sponsor under the current Rules and Guidelines.

Spouses, eligible children and eligible stepchildren of GM employees on layoff
or leave status may be sponsored purchasers only during the same period such employees are eligible participants.

There is actually too many scenarios covered to print here. However, I would simply call the 800# listed above and you should be able to have your questions answered.

Good luck to you,

Smooth <><[/color]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts