GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband saw a nice dark wood trim in the console of an Acadia and was told it was an after market thing. Does anyone have that? And if so, how much was it?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I liked the Enclave better in almost every way except for the wood trim interior. So no, I do not have it. But if you like that kind of thing, I think it would be way cool to have it in an Acadia as I am very much into being different. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I'm not sold on it. My husband liked it...
Hey, GAR, you have the Titanium leather? How has it held up? Does it show dirt a lot? What about the light carpet? Any problems?

·
Registered
263 Posts
mykidsmom said:
Hey, GAR, you have the Titanium leather? How has it held up? Does it show dirt a lot? What about the light carpet? Any problems?
Hi friend...long time no chat...not being mean..let me remind you, it's your new ACADIA. My husband tried to talk me into the white one as well. Nope, I wanted red. I have the light interior in my GMC van and it does show a lot of dirt. The dark interior, I have read through this forum seems to hide a multitude of sins. That's what i picked. Are you still thinking of taking the one in L.A. or are you going to special oder?? My husband wants to know what options you decided NOT to get since you were able to have a fully loaded one??

If you special order...the wait is well worth it. Plus you know that one was specially built JUST FOR YOU!! How fun, I feel so rich! :blob:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
mykidsmom said:
The light interior is not as easy to keep clean as the dark, that is a fact. The dark just gets too hot in the sun for us so we went light.

The leather seats are not that bad to keep clean except for when my son got pen on the back seat. It was also hard to clean the blue die the rubbed off my wife's new jeans on the passenger seat. Other than that, the leather has been fine.

The carpet gets stained up quickly. However, so far a bit of water with a cotton towel has cleaned it up nicely.

If I had to do it over again, I would get the same color interior.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Any wood is an aftermarket stick-on thing...and just not fitting with the Acadia's character, IMHO. Really tacky.

However, if you like it, it does work nicely in the Outlook and Enclave where it is part of the design theme...but not here with the GMC.

·
Registered
263 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Any wood is an aftermarket stick-on thing...and just not fitting with the Acadia's character, IMHO. Really tacky.

However, if you like it, it does work nicely in the Outlook and Enclave where it is part of the design theme...but not here with the GMC.
Our friend has the stick on....oh, that medal looking one, whatever it's called. It looks really sweet. it doesn't look look a sticker. It's the fox logo one... crap, I can't think of it...Anyway...It looks good. To each his own. ;D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow.... yeah, I'm not a fan of that wood in the picture! (no offense, if someone has it) :-\ The wood my husband saw was a really dark wood. I'll attach a pic of what he saw. We have decided against it. I don't really love it, and it costs a pretty penny, so it got cut. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
Once the wood grain look is added you have way too many colors & themes going in the interior.
I'm not a big fan of the high contrasting color interior, I'd rather have a more subtle look.

However, I'm curious why they don't make a Cheerios & Goldfish colored carpet & seats for mini vans and kid hauling SUVs. That way the interiors would always look clean. :sunny:

·
Registered
10 Posts
My wife wanted the Acadia, but actually liked the dark wood trim option with the Enclave so we added an aftermarket wood kit that cost about $450. I did not add all the pieces - just enough until she was happy with the look. Here is a shot of the interior with the kit and one of the exterior showing the other upgrades we have added: chromed the stock 19" rims, chrome side pillars and a stainless steel grille.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Where did you get this from?

·
Registered
681 Posts
scappellino said:
My wife wanted the Acadia, but actually liked the dark wood trim option with the Enclave so we added an aftermarket wood kit that cost about $450. I did not add all the pieces - just enough until she was happy with the look. Here is a shot of the interior with the kit and one of the exterior showing the other upgrades we have added: chromed the stock 19" rims, chrome side pillars and a stainless steel grille.
Where did you get the 19" stock wheels chromed? What was the cost? (if you do not mind answering).

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
The wood dash kit was purchased through these guys (http://www.american-truck-auto.com) for $530. I installed it myself in about 2 hours and it looks very professional. The fit is perfect and it actually makes the interior look more like an excalade or denali. Let me know if you guys want to see any additional pics, like of the armrests, center console or back seats. I purchased the 80 piece kit and used about 2/3rds or what they sent me.

We had our rims chromed by a local SoCal shop called OEM Rims:

Oem Rims
(714) 940-1761
2120 E Howell Ave, #502, Anaheim, CA 92806

Our cost was about $750 in cash and they mounted them for us on the spot. They are a trade in business where you give them your stock wheels and they exchange them with chrome ones from the "last guy" who traded his rims in to them. For folks not here in SoCal, they mail you the rims and you send them your back inn their shipping boxes. You then have to find someone to mount and balance them for you. There are similar named operations on ebay that offer the same rims for less money, but make sure that they are also including the tire sensors and center caps as well because that will certainly be additional. These guys inlcude them all in their price.

Good luck,
Steve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow,
Please post anymore pics you may have of the other places you used the wood kit.(Rear seats and arm rest)
Thanks
C

·
Registered
347 Posts
scappellino said:
The wood dash kit was purchased through these guys (http://www.american-truck-auto.com) for $530. I installed it myself in about 2 hours and it looks very professional. The fit is perfect and it actually makes the interior look more like an excalade or denali. Let me know if you guys want to see any additional pics, like of the armrests, center console or back seats. I purchased the 80 piece kit and used about 2/3rds or what they sent me.

We had our rims chromed by a local SoCal shop called OEM Rims:

Oem Rims
(714) 940-1761
2120 E Howell Ave, #502, Anaheim, CA 92806

Our cost was about $750 in cash and they mounted them for us on the spot. They are a trade in business where you give them your stock wheels and they exchange them with chrome ones from the "last guy" who traded his rims in to them. For folks not here in SoCal, they mail you the rims and you send them your back inn their shipping boxes. You then have to find someone to mount and balance them for you. There are similar named operations on ebay that offer the same rims for less money, but make sure that they are also including the tire sensors and center caps as well because that will certainly be additional. These guys inlcude them all in their price.

Good luck,
Steve
Yeah, I know this is a late post (by several years), but that is the great thing about this forum. ;) The information that is posted here answered some questions I had about aftermarket dash products for the new 2012 Acadia I'm about to purchase (trading in my 2009 Acadia SLT-2). In short - while I was walking around the dealers lot I took a close look at a Denali and discovered for the first time that there were "wood" inlays about the cabin. I thought it looked great in comparison to the regular brushed chrome look in the SLT's. I considered moving up to the Denali for that reason and a few others, but ultimately decided that those were not enough reasons to justify the additional cost or standard features that I DIDN'T want. So I thought I'd look on here to see if I could acquire aftermarket wood/plastic inlay products or try to by genuine GM parts to change out stock SLT interior trim. Thanks to you I have a place to look for exactly what I need.

By the way - your pictures of your Acadia with the inlays installed are outstanding. The car looks really great. :thumb: I hope mine will look as good. Problem is, that is lot's of work removing and replacing all those pieces. You must really be mechanically inclined and have a lot of time on your hands. ;D Again - thanks for taking the time to post that information.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I love the wood grain kit I installed in my wifes Saturn Outlook

1 - 20 of 27 Posts