GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if this is an actuall issue worth taking the vehicle in for?

I have just purchased vehicle this past week and have now noticed that the seam where the front doors meet the curved area of dashboard vary from drivers side to passenger side when closed.

The drivers side seems to have a much larger gap and does not meet level/flush with dash as there is a noticeable lip, whereas the passenger side fits nearly perfect. very tight seam and flush with dashboard.

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
I see it is not perfect, but.....

i did recall someone reported it somewhere in a thread before.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Jasonsil welcome to the forum. Please realize that a lot of us on the forum are like family and tend to be smart asses sometimes when we shouldn't. Also this forum is a great source for information or simple moral support. That being said, Copperhead that's completely uncalled for. ;D Anyways I noticed this on mine also but don't really care. I know some people come from higher standards than I do, but seriously it's a vehicle that is mass produced so I don't expect everything to be perfect. I know in the 30-40k MB and BMWs everything isn't perfect either so I just brush it off and know that I have a reliable, comfortable and quiet vehicle. Just be thankful you don't have our friends new Audi A4 that has been in the service department for half of its first year.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
My 2009 has a gap of about 3/16" on the driver's side and a big 1/8" on the passenger's side. I hadn't noticed the tiny difference before, and I'll probably never notice it again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No harm,No foul when it comes to a little comment. Infact a person shouldn't post on a public forum if they can't accept a little heat.and besides it wasn't all that harsh.

Anyway I will try and measure it just for the sake of sharing and comparing with others who have posted measurments.

My main concerne was really less in the way of astetics and more in the concerne for outside noise to enter vehicle, as road noise is always a factor I take into consideration while car shopping.

Again thanks for all that a forum offers both good and bad.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I justed looked at my 2009 and they look pretty much the same. If it's off it not by much. As long as nothing is rubbing or making noise I wouldn't worry about it.

Bobby

·
Registered
533 Posts
Jasonsil,

Welcome. I think that you'll find there is generous insulation along the doors. I have a feeling that if there were some noise issue, it would be more the result of missing door trim insulation - or the mis-alignment of it - rather than from the gap of internal trim pieces.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
487 Posts
IMHO, either the dash or the doors panels on the drivers side were formed slightly wrong. I don't think you should be worried about noise, I have never noticed any outside noise other than the tires on the pavement. Even when I drive north to Wyoming and have 30mph crosswinds I don't hear the wind, just feel it. I hope we all eased your concerns. BTW, I know it wasn't that harsh but I had to razz someone today.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Sorry about the comment (removed), didn't mean it to be "harsh".
I quess it could come off bad. Only meant as a joke.

BTW I checked last night when I got back from work, mine
also has a larger gap on the driver's door. Must be "normal".

·
Registered
533 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
Sorry about the comment (removed), didn't mean it to be "harsh".
I quess it could come off bad. Only meant as a joke.
Well, it make me laugh!

Smooth [/color] <><

·
Registered
487 Posts
Copper, I don't think your comment was over the top. I had the same exact thought when I saw the first post. I just thought I'd give you a hard time for making fun of new members. Keep up the good work. :beer:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I stopped at a local dealership tonight (closed) and sat in two unlocked 09 Acadias. I had a small light w/ me and examined the "gaps". Neither of these cars had perfectly matched gaps where the doors met the dash. They were very close, one was slightly lower than the dash. But, unless you're looking for it - I doubt that anyone would notice.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
423 Posts
Smooth said:
I stopped at a local dealership tonight (closed) and sat in two unlocked 09 Acadias. I had a small light w/ me and examined the "gaps". Neither of these cars had perfectly matched gaps where the doors met the dash. They were very close, one was slightly lower than the dash. But, unless you're looking for it - I doubt that anyone would notice.

Smooth[/color] <><
i wonder what the security cameras were thinking ;D

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Schram said:
Smooth said:

Smooth[/color] <><
i wonder what the security cameras were thinking ;D
I'm surprised there were any left unlocked. I've never been fortunate to come across this when I've gone out on Sundays to look at cars to get away from the salesmen. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I know over at the Ford dealership; you can "bump" the driver window near the door locks and the cars will unlock. I don't go to dealerships on Sundays, but I have seen the salesman do this to get into the cars

1 - 16 of 16 Posts