GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Im considering ordering my Acadia very soon, I have some questions:

1- Are the gauges in the Acadia Electroluminescent? or only red normal gauges?
2- If I didnt order the navigation system, will I still be able to use voice command for the Radio FM, CD ETC..
3- If I ordered SLT 2 without Navigation, will I get 2 CDS slots with 6 in dash CD changer ( one for CD and the other for DVD).

Thank you guys

John

·
Registered
111 Posts
I can answer #3, based on what our salesman told us. If you get the factory DVD, you can only have a single CD player. But, yes, there are two slots.

·
Registered
119 Posts
2- You need to have the NAV to use all of the voice control features
3- If you order it without the NAV and/or DVD you will get a single slot, 6 disc changer
If you order with only DVD, no NAV, you will get two slots, one is strictly for DVDs, the other is a single-disc CD player
If you order NAV, you get one slot, single disc player, which is for both DVDs and CDs, meaning you can't listen to a CD while the kids are watching a DVD at the back, and vice versa.

Welcome to the forum BTW! :welcome:

BTW, what are the advantages of electroluminescent gauges vs normal gauges? I believe the Acadia's are normal gauges.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The NAV radio in my Denali allows for voice commands, but I never use it, and I think GM uses the same NAV radio for other cars, so I think you will be OK.

You will have 2 slots, one is behind the screen and is for the NAV disc. So you only have 1 CD slot. If they are not out already, they are supposed to be coming soon, but newer NAV radios will no longer need discs, they will automatically download via statellite.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts