·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have any pics with a Grill/Bush guard on the Acadia

·
Registered
5 Posts
As far as I know, there are now none available for an exact fit. Westin Ultimate Bull Bar in stainless steel with skid plate is in the works and is supposed to be available this month. It looks good.

For the rear of my 2008 SLT-2 with towing package, I installed a 36" Go Rhino Step which looks good, fits great, offers good protection and does not interfere with either the rear camera or backup sensors.

analogist
2008 SLT-2 with every option
Red Jewelcoat

·
Registered
681 Posts
The Romik Bull Bar is the closest I have seen to a grill/brush guard for the Acadia, but it does not cover much for protection.

Attachments

·
Registered
683 Posts
There's one on Ebay as of today. No pic of it on the Acadia, but looks close to the Romik style. The ad states to contact them if the vehicle pictured is not yours.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Given that I went into my Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealer to trade in my Montana on a new minivan, and ended up with the Acadia because they no longer sold minivans .... this look is just out of my league. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
The Romik site has a pic with all of the Lambdas.
The bull bar seems kinda low.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wife told me last night that she thinks we need some side steps. I came to the same conclusion earlier yesterday after picking my girls up (3 and 6yrs old).. and they had to climb into the back seat. I'm do kind of like the Romik side steps.. but they are a bit on the pricey side.

·
Registered
956 Posts
A brush guard should be used for off road vehicles driven off road. The Acadia is not that type of car and in my opinion a brush guard would look totally out of place, add unnecessary weight, and possibly cause more damage to the front end if it was bumped.

·
Registered
130 Posts
BBC, You don't think that '08 Smart Car is going off-roading? :eek:hno:

IMO - if you want a jeep - buy a jeep.

But, to each his own. (in fact, several years back, I had a GMC Jimmy, Diamond version, which had one on the front. It never went off road. I thought it looked neat for about a year, then it just looked out of place to me).

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hunt said:
BBC, You don't think that '08 Smart Car is going off-roading? :eek:hno:

IMO - if you want a jeep - buy a jeep.

But, to each his own. (in fact, several years back, I had a GMC Jimmy, Diamond version, which had one on the front. It never went off road. I thought it looked neat for about a year, then it just looked out of place to me).
I can see a brush guard more on a Jimmy than an Acadia. Of course that was just my opinion, but the Acadia is too wide, and not rugged enough for most trails so a brush guard would just make the owner look like a wanabe or foolish to some. It's a little like putting a vinyl roof on a Mercedes. Sure it can be done, but it sure looks out of place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts