GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please, HELP me!

I am about to buy 2008 acadia SLT 1 with convenience PKG.
MSRP $36250
Invoice $33,948
[/color] (edmunds.com)

Dealer offers

No-below the invoice!
Down-payment $ 9,000[/color]
For 60 Months
[/color]
Tax:7% (NJ)

APR 6.89%

Monthly Payment $550.00

Please, let me know your thoughts ASAP.
I am going to the dealer tomorrow again to finish this deal.

Thank you so much in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color]

·
Registered
294 Posts
With the 7% tax minus the $9000 down payment, looks like you are financing $27324.36. At 6.89% interest for 60 months, my calculator says the payment should be $539.64 ( a little of the difference may be accountable because of a 1st payment that is more than 30 days after your purchase). In my area, the price that you listed would be considered a good deal. Good luck on your potential purchase! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Given that interest rate for 60 months and a payment of 550, your final price out the door would be roughly $27,850.

Given your tax rate of 7%, and the down payment of $9000, you are very close to invoice price. What is missing in the equation are the title and registration fees, but even if those are really low, your bottom line price looks like it will be somewhere between invoice and $400 over invoice.

I don't think there are any rebates or general incentives right now, but if you own a non GM car, there are some areas that are still offering a conquest discount of $500.

If they have that available, and you qualify, that should be able to knock another $500 off and drop your payment from $550 down to $540.

But even if you don't get that, this seems to be a reasonable deal.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Why isn't the dealer giving you a firm selling price for the vehicle? I apologize if I miss read something in your post but when a dealer skirts around the actual vehicle price I tend to run, not walk the other way. I usually sit down with the sales rep, gather and review every number in the deal to make sure I understand exactly what it is they are billing me for. Then I calculate my own payments and generally arrive at a payment that is within a penny or two of what the dealer is quoting. This way I know they are not trying to hide something on the back end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you ALL (xseler, GAR, and Tom H)!
xseler// At that time, I felt like I couldn't make it (below $ 550) with a financial manager and owner of dealship.
GAR// This price is with only one incentives ($500) for people who own a non-GM car. There is no other rebate now I think... Thank you!
Tom H// Thank you for your important advice. I will go there and calculate again!

Please, wish good luck to me!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Good Luck.

Just as an FYI - If the $500 was already in your price, then the dealer is getting somewhere from $500 - $1000 over invoice. This is a typical price and some are paying more. So if you go with it, you won't be getting the shaft. I do know that some dealers may give you invoice (or invoice +100) as the base price, and then take the $500 off of that. This would put your bottom line price at $400 - $500 below invoice after the discount.

I agree with Tom H that it would be easier to work with the price of the vehicle and then work out payments after the deal is done, but given that your initial e-mail was working from payments, if you were to get the invoice price, your payment would be perhaps as low as $530 -$535 that way. But like I said, the price the dealer gave you is not way out of line from what others are paying, it's just not the best we have seen, and certainly not the worst. :)

Again - Good Luck and enjoy the new Acadia!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with fenwah, interest rate sounds high. My dealer could not get below 6.5% while I got 5% from USAA and Navy Federal offered the same 5%. Going with dealer financing may be easier but it is more costly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.