GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the Acadia in that the size, passenger capacity, and nice looks fits my need. However, I am not convinced that this is a good car. So question for you, is the Acadia a good purchase?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
That leaves a lot to be answered, but IMO the vehicle is worth buying. As with any vehicle that has only 3 production years to its name; there are problems. If you search through this forum; you will find members that have had issues with sunroofs, electrical etc. My advice is to buy on 09 or possibly an 08 (in Blue/Gold if possible, but that color only ran on the 08's and 07's :D) and read through this forum to see what people say. You could always hold on for a 10, but the production on those won't start until July/August and you won't see any till Sep/Oct. Have you picked out an Acadia you like? Let us know as much as possible and we can "help" steer you in the right direction.

Good Luck and :puke:

YES: 1
NO:0[/color]

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
mom2kid said:
I am looking at the Acadia in that the size, passenger capacity, and nice looks fits my need. However, I am not convinced that this is a good car. So question for you, is the Acadia a good purchase?
Welcome to the forum. Overall I believe this is a good car. Some people on here complain about problems left and right and others have had very few if any at all..... AND that is just the people that come on here to this site to discuss the issues or lack thereof. It is your decision to read through the forum to see for yourself. I personally would buy an Acadia again if I had to needed to. I love it.
You will get mixed replies I am sure, but I think more people on here are happier then not....

Take some time to check out the site and the different thread/topics, especially in the Recall/Problem/TSB area. Most peoples concerns were fixed.

Happy shopping and surfing :cheers:

YES: 2

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Add your geographical location in the your profile. It will help members here point you in the direction of good dealers or help you locate a vehicle. Good luck

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi! Welcome! Well, for me personally it was a very good choice. Have had mine over a year and am still very happy with it! Yes, I would buy again. It's a big purchase though, glad to see you found the forum and are doing your research. Best of luck. :)

YES: 3

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
That is not something anyone here can answer for you; you must look inside yourself for the answer
young grasshopper. ;)

I know this is the nicest vehicle I've ever owned, and am trying to convince my wife we need
a second Acadia. ;D

Although I'll settle for the 2010 Chevy Equinox: 3.0-liter DI ,255 hp, AWD. :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob:

YES: 4

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Making sure it satisfies your needs is most important. I have seen people complain that it is too big and hard to park. The fact is that the Acadia is a BIG vehicle. But if a big ride is what you want, it is an excellent one!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
We would definantly buy the Acadia again.

YES: 6

·
Registered
250 Posts
My selfish self don't want you to buy an Acadia. Because I am seeing more and more Acadias on the road and I want to be the only one who has a pretty darn looking truck on the road. But I realize that the Acadia is for everyone to enjoy. Yes, I recommend the Acadia. Its a great vehicle for my family. :blob:

YES: 7

·
Registered
79 Posts
Our Acadia fits our family well... We were looking at Subs and Tahoes but once we looked at the acadia we were sold! Not too big to get into a parking spot but big enough for my wife and I and our two boys and the dog. Probably the most comfortable vehicle we have owned so far. Go for Red Jewel, everyone else does! :blob:

YES: 8

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Sandhopper said:
Our Acadia fits our family well... We were looking at Subs and Tahoes but once we looked at the acadia we were sold! Not too big to get into a parking spot but big enough for my wife and I and our two boys and the dog. Probably the most comfortable vehicle we have owned so far. Go for Red Jewel, everyone else does! :blob:
NO; go for a different color; White Diamond Tricoat or Blue Gold if it's an 07 or 08

·
Registered
79 Posts
jsimms said:
Sandhopper said:
NO; go for a different color; White Diamond Tricoat or Blue Gold if it's an 07 or 08
AH... come one join the club... Ya know ya wanta!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
The color is starting to grow on me (don't tell Raven ;)), but my Acadia could be done by the end of the week and I can't wait

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I don't think you'll find a better vehicle for the seating capacity, interior room, & overall equipment/performance. My suggestion would be to drive a few of what you are considering. We looked at a Dodge Journey and didn't like the quality of the AC (important for FL). Thinking it may have been the vehicle, we drove another & it was the same. We then drove an Outlook & loved the AC! Along the way we looked at a Toyota Highlander, Mazda CX-9, and Suzuki XL-7. All had or lacked something we couldn't make do with after actually seeing them. The Pilot was discounted due to a lack of overhead rear AC vents.

The main drawback for us was the price- it was several thousand more than a similarly equipped Journey.

It's been said here, ALL makers have bad vehicles come off the line from time to time. Do as much research as you can.

YES: 9

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
As far as safety is concerned; my wife was rear ended at 40 mph, the rear of the vehicle took the damage well and my wife and son are fine. The vehicle is in the shop and should be ready soon; overall I am very satisfied with vehicle safety.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Sandhopper said:
Go for Red Jewel, everyone else does! :blob:
I saw my first Red Jewel Outlook yesterday (I've seen many RJ Acadias and Enclaves) and it really caught my eye. :thumb: It's a sharp color.

Back on topic, we love ours after a year and a half and haven't had any problems. Lots o space, quiet, great ride, and pretty good mileage for a vehicle this size.

YES: 10

·
Registered
66 Posts
We have had our Acadia for about 4 months now. We did have one problem on a VERY cold day where I think it had some computer brain fart but was fine the next day again. Other than that it has been a joy to drive. MY DH and I comment all the time how it has been the best vehicle we have owned so far. It has lots of room, comfy seats, looks great, powerful engine, good gas mileage for its size, etc etc. I really love everything about it. I don't find it hard to park at all though I have yet to try and parallel park with it...I try to avoid that like the plague! Overall, I would definitely buy it again!

YES: 11

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a '07 Avalanche LTZ and my wife drives an '02 BMW X5 3.0i (both 5 seaters).

My son is active in scouts and it would be great to have more seats for driving scouts and such. Not a huge number of 8 seaters out there. The Acadia looks great, I think, and is pretty good, but just misses the mark of making me want to pull the trigger to replace the Avalanche. Why? The devil is in the details, as usual. I've only driven the SLT-1, but even in the SLT-2 some things we have on the older Chevy are missing in this new GMC, like up/down adjustment for the passenger seat, rain-sensing wipers (I've had them on 3 cars now and I like them a lot). The transmission was very active and noticable during the test drive, and the heated seats were quite slow to get going. For a GMC (instead of Chevy) vehicle, I'd like to see options like 2'nd row heated seats, real Bluetooth (phone book sharing, battery and signal shown on DIC or Nav screen, for instance), adjustable (or at least ride-leveling) suspension.

For what it's worth...

Thanks,
-- Rich

YES: 11
NO:1[/color]

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Rich said:
I have a '07 Avalanche LTZ and my wife drives an '02 BMW X5 3.0i (both 5 seaters).

My son is active in scouts and it would be great to have more seats for driving scouts and such. Not a huge number of 8 seaters out there. The Acadia looks great, I think, and is pretty good, but just misses the mark of making me want to pull the trigger to replace the Avalanche. Why? The devil is in the details, as usual. I've only driven the SLT-1, but even in the SLT-2 some things we have on the older Chevy are missing in this new GMC, like up/down adjustment for the passenger seat, rain-sensing wipers (I've had them on 3 cars now and I like them a lot). The transmission was very active and noticable during the test drive, and the heated seats were quite slow to get going. For a GMC (instead of Chevy) vehicle, I'd like to see options like 2'nd row heated seats, real Bluetooth (phone book sharing, battery and signal shown on DIC or Nav screen, for instance), adjustable (or at least ride-leveling) suspension.

For what it's worth...

Thanks,
-- Rich
Rain sensing wipers are good, but nothing beats the HUD; I don't think they included adjustable suspension because of the towing capacities; did any of your vehicles have a 115V outlet?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts