GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this will get categorized as the stupid question of the day, but do the side view mirrors manually fold in? I took my Acadia to the car wash for the first time and tried to fold them in like I did with my Ford Expedition. They didn't seem to want to budge....I don't have the electric folding ones...that might be an SLT-2 feature. I have an SLT-1 with some upgrades....can someone answer that question for me?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Chiste5 said:
Maybe this will get categorized as the stupid question of the day, but do the side view mirrors manually fold in? I took my Acadia to the car wash for the first time and tried to fold them in like I did with my Ford Expedition. They didn't seem to want to budge....I don't have the electric folding ones...that might be an SLT-2 feature. I have an SLT-1 with some upgrades....can someone answer that question for me?
Don't try too hard. I don't believe they fold in the way your others may have.

·
Super Moderator
23,680 Posts
Christe5, not a stupid question at all! I believe the mirrors will fold if you pull the extreme outer edge inward. There is a spring-loaded catching mechanism that keeps the mirror in place. Sometimes it's a bit stiff if you never used it before.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Definitely not a stupid question....I tried the same thing just a few weeks ago, and was convinced they wouldn't budge.

I did a bit of research and found that they should manually fold in. (I haven't tried it yet...I only remember to try it when I'm somewhere far away from the Acadia) :tard:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
speleos said:
Christe5, not a stupid question at all! I believe the mirrors will fold if you pull the extreme outer edge inward. There is a spring-loaded catching mechanism that keeps the mirror in place. Sometimes it's a bit stiff if you never used it before.
Just tried it and you are right on target. You have to lift the mirror up a nudge and then they fold in.

·
Super Moderator
23,680 Posts
Good one, mike!! :thumb: You can do the same with the electric mirrors, too. It shouldn't hurt the motors as long as you don't do it too often.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are awesome! I love this forum! Thank you!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Chiste5 said:
The SLT-1's have manual folding mirrors and yes the SLT-2 has the power fold option. They take some force to move but they will

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hi bro , can you make a video about that on YouTube , or send it to me 🌷
Because i have the same problem.
Just try it. . .. . push up a it on the bottom edge at the same time push it in towards the window. in the door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts