GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wonder what you all think. Is it possible that people that favor other car manufacturers come here to make negative posts about the widely popular Acadia? Do you think that there are people from say the Nissan Automotive group that pretend to have purchased an Acadia then post here to negatively influence peoples opinions on purchasing an Acadia?

I have seen some posts here that just seem to harsh and negative toward their new car purchases.

Adam can add a poll if he wants.

·
Registered
148 Posts
uh, no i dont think so, and I guess you are asking this because of my oil leak post. Well take a look at previous posts I had made by looking at my history and you will see my first few posts had nothing but good things to say. Is it so crazy to think that some people may have their own issues that you may not? I really dont see some other dealer types wasting their time or even knowing this website exists.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't think haters are here. The members here are much more mature then your typical rice rocket forums or muscle car "I'm faster then you" forums. It's just that with the advent of the "internet" we now get to collect and research on much more information. All the little problems that you would never have heard off or run into are all on the net.

I'm a realist. No car is perfect. I've had my share of problems with my Acadia. But I'm absolutely happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I probably qualify as one who has made a "negative" comment about my Acadia when I mentioned the "cheap black plastic" interior. I agree with the above post that some of the people who post here are more mature and honest in their appraisal of the vehicle that what you find on some other forums (Harley forums come to mind). I did see a little of that "Wow I'm so kooool cause I bought an Acadia" in the thread about people getting looks when driving their new Acadia. It's a SUV folks not a Lamborghini!

I have never purchased anything that didn't have something that I felt could be improved upon. Life is a series of compromises... some small and some not so small. Just because I bought an Acadia that doesn't make it the best vehicle I've ever owned and I didn't find the rather low buck interior to be a deal breaker. My comment was just that. A simple statement of my impression and opinion. I still feel that if GMC wants to be competitive with other SUV's in the $45K category that they need to re-evaluate interior material choices.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dickf5187 said:
I probably qualify as one who has made a "negative" comment about my Acadia when I mentioned the "cheap black plastic" interior. I agree with the above post that some of the people who post here are more mature and honest in their appraisal of the vehicle that what you find on some other forums (Harley forums come to mind). I did see a little of that "Wow I'm so kooool cause I bought an Acadia" in the thread about people getting looks when driving their new Acadia. It's a SUV folks not a Lamborghini!

I have never purchased anything that didn't have something that I felt could be improved upon. Life is a series of compromises... some small and some not so small. Just because I bought an Acadia that doesn't make it the best vehicle I've ever owned and did I not find the rather low buck interior to be a deal breaker. My comment was just that. A simple statement of my impression and opinion. I still feel that if GMC wants to be competitive with other SUV's in the $45K category that they need to re-evaluate interior material choices.
My thoughts exactly on the interior...............I've owned many, many vehicles and don't consider it "hating" when you are posting an honest opinion. I have an Acura TL 05 loaded and I have some serious issues with the quality of leather despite all of the rave reviews on practically every auto site about the plush interior of the TL. GMC has to find a way to get away from all of the "hard feel" plastics and low grade materials used for trimming out the interior. I am not a fan of cheap woodgrain either, just wanting something that feels nice to the touch.........

·
Registered
405 Posts
Rufio said:
I'm a realist. No car is perfect. I've had my share of problems with my Acadia. But I'm absolutely happy with my purchase.

:ditto:

That is exactly what i was going to say.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Completely agree with the others here.

Its certainly possible that down the road as the Lambdas become more mainstream and more folks join that there will be those type of people on the forums. The admins will just need to do a good job of protecting the integrity of the messages and banning any user that appears to be maliciously adding content that is immature or improper. I believe the Acadia market however lends itself to a more mature and welcoming crowd and if negative comments are posted, they are meant to provide information to the group for which we can all learn from. If nothing else we should be a loyal support group for each other in times of dissatisfaction and anger.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Dickf5187 said:
I did see a little of that "Wow I'm so kooool cause I bought an Acadia" in the thread about people getting looks when driving their new Acadia. It's a SUV folks not a Lamborghini!
I don't think it is so much "wow,i'm so kool b/c I bought one." but more of people doing double takes and owners noticing. It is a good looking SUV and not toomany on the road.

What amazes me are people that buy the car, then come on here and talk and act like they never even took it for a test drive and complain about every little issue.

I complain about my issues purely out of frustration and to vent. In the end, except for the tranny,this vehicke is amazing.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
This is one of the least negative forums I have ever visited.

People here like the Acadia. Even though it isn't perfect (and no vehicle is), it is a nice ride.

Kelly

·
Registered
5 Posts
kjf said:
This is one of the least negative forums I have ever visited.

People here like the Acadia. Even though it isn't perfect (and no vehicle is), it is a nice ride.

Kelly

I agree.  I have a 05 Chevy 4wd 2500 that still has issues!  That platform has been out for years! 

We enjoy our Acadia despite having to send it back to the dealership to have it fixed in the first week.  That's part of the gamble we took when we bought a new design vehicle.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Dickf5187 said:
I did see a little of that "Wow I'm so kooool cause I bought an Acadia" in the thread about people getting looks when driving their new Acadia. It's a SUV folks not a Lamborghini!
I don't think I'm cool because I have an Acadia, but I think it's fun when other people react to my car the same way I did when I saw my first Acadia commercial. Lamborghinis do nothing for me - I'm an SUV person. The first time I saw a Sequoia I got out of my car and walked around it, the same way I've seen people admire my Acadia. I love that on this forum people can be excited about their cars without being judged as being conceited or show-offish.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
To be honest, I wondered about that when the whole rust issue came out, but then that kinda went away. I was reading about the Acadia that some guy was selling his Acadia because his wife almost wrecked it twice. She couldn't see with the mirrors and out the back. I think it was on Edmunds. He had to be a plant. Yes, at times it may be hard to see out of the back, but you learn to be careful.

I agree with Rufio, sometimes you need to vent with others who understand and if there are issues that a few have, it can be fixed. It is an inconvience to take it back to the shop, but I have not gone with my Acadia after a month. I took my Volvo in after two weeks with a carbon monoxide leak!! Maybe I wouldn't hate Volvo as much if I had a forum like this. (No, I still would!! :angryfire:)

The little problems on the Acadia are like your teen, you always love him, but sometimes you just don't like him! (Until he can be fixed!!)

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Hopefully all the problems that are experienced will be little ones. I know that they are annoyances, but if only little problems are experienced, then that would be a major accomplishment for a first year vehicle.

·
Registered
251 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Dickf5187 said:
I don't think it is so much "wow,i'm so kool b/c I bought one." but more of people doing double takes and owners noticing. It is a good looking SUV and not too many on the road.

What amazes me are people that buy the car, then come on here and talk and act like they never even took it for a test drive and complain about every little issue.
Amen, Joe. There isn't a car on earth that can make someone cool. People are either cool to begin with, or they are not. What they drive doesn't mean didlly in that equation.

Signed,
Rudy Dorkmunder

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
When I started the "Looks" thread, I didn't mean to imply that I'm so cool because I drive an Acadia. I started the thread because I wanted to know if others noticed people checking out their Acadia. Not because we're cool, just because it's a unique looking vehicle that is new to the market and causes heads to turn. Maybe "Hey, what was that?" would have been a better subject line than "The Looks" for that thread. ;D

I <3 My Acadia. :p

·
Registered
405 Posts
rudykizuty said:
NY_Joe said:
Dickf5187 said:
I don't think it is so much "wow,i'm so kool b/c I bought one." but more of people doing double takes and owners noticing. It is a good looking SUV and not too many on the road.

Amen, Joe. There isn't a car on earth that can make someone cool. People are either cool to begin with, or they are not. What they drive doesn't mean didlly in that equation.

Signed,
Rudy Dorkmunder
i kinda have to disagree because if your a cool person you don't want to drive a minivan you want to drive a corvette or mustang.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I enjoy the posts that point out issues with this vehicle, than I decide if its important to me.
I know that I could post negative remarks about the transmission issues all day, cause im that unhappy with the performance of it.
But thats just my opinion, not a bash, as I really do love almost everything else about the Acadia.
I havent read any posts in this forum that would lead me to believe that there are any posers in here.
I think every issue thats posted here has been on the up and up, and I agree with whomever said that this is one of the calmest and most respectful forums around.

People need a forum to vent their frustrations, and I find most posts very informative.

By the way did I mention I hate the transmission??? Yep I did. ;)

Cheers!
J. :thumb:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've been a member of other forums (mostly motorcycle related) for several years and we get "trolls" on those all the time. (You wouldn't believe the rivalry between the Harley guys, the sport bikers, the European brand supporters, etc.- though many of us are just plain "motorcyclists"- it doesn't matter what you ride as long as you enjoy it).

A troll usually appears and makes a ridiculous statement about how bad something is or how something else is better, than just disappears. The old timers just ignore them but lots of people start posting about how wrong they are, how the other one is better, etc. It usually turns into a bunch of name calling and people getting very angry and leaving the board. I guess people find it fun to just throw a wrench in the works and see what happens. It's too bad because it's easy to lose many of the most valuable members over stupid stuff like that.

I'll stick to being just an "Acadian" in this case. I bought it because it best suits my needs. If someone's needs are different, there may be better choices out there. To each, his own.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Dan-M said:
Adam can add a poll if he wants.
lol....I love it! :thumb: ;D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Rollin' Thunder said:
rudykizuty said:
NY_Joe said:
Dickf5187 said:

Signed,
Rudy Dorkmunder
i kinda have to disagree because if your a cool person you don't want to drive a minivan you want to drive a corvette or mustang.
Cool is not about what you drive, or even want to drive. It's about PERSONALITY.

To me, someone truly cool has the wisdom to understand the difference between want (Corvette or Mustang) and need (I have a family of five to haul around, so.....)

Besides intelligence, it can also incorporate other human values, such as honesty, integrity, reliability, thoughtfulness. I could go on and on......Frankly, without these, you can't be cool. You just wind up another dumba** driving a Mustang.

But hey, that's just my opinion. :angel:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts