GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2021 Acadia SLT New only 800 miles on it
I recently disconnected negative battery terminal when reconnected I now get multiple error codes check engine light on traction control disabled, stability control disabled, ABS disabled couple times i seen service transmission light come on. Ive tried disconnecting battery a couple more times with headlights on-for 10/20 minutes to force computer reset but these errors always come back on. Anyone else have this problem after disconnecting battery?

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
When you disconnected, was the engine running?

You dont mention it, but I would get a OBD scanner, check the codes, take note of them, and then clear them with the tool.
see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
21,114 Posts
What were you doing that made you feel a need to disconnect the battery?

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Gotta ask, why? Disconnecting a batt
What were you doing that made you feel a need to disconnect the battery?
My question exactly. Start with this...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Removed the side pillar to run wire down to fuse panel on passenger side for dash cam. Disconnected battery to so the air bag in pillar would not trip. And no engine was not running when i disconnected battery. I did not tap any live wires for dash cam I used a fuse tap and tapped fuses F24 usb charging ACC and F37 rear seat entertainment constant power.

·
Super Moderator
21,114 Posts
Removed the side pillar to run wire down to fuse panel on passenger side for dash cam. Disconnected battery to so the air bag in pillar would not trip. And no engine was not running when i disconnected battery. I did not tap any live wires for dash cam I used a fuse tap and tapped fuses F24 usb charging ACC and F37 rear seat entertainment constant power.
The problem could be in the quality of your work, or sources used for the dashcam aren't correct. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem could be in the quality of your work, or sources used for the dashcam aren't correct. Good luck.
Um yeah no quality of work is spot on perfect this is not my first rodeo. And sources used are perfectly fine.

·
Super Moderator
21,114 Posts
Um yeah no quality of work is spot on perfect this is not my first rodeo. And sources used are perfectly fine.
Best way to check that is to remove everything you did and see if the vehicle returns to normal operation.

Reactions: Xoexpireu

·
Registered
145 Posts
Driving around they will probably clear on their own. You may need a better scan tool that can reset all modules. I highly doubt running a wire for a dash cam would cause what you are seeing and most likely just the battery being disconnected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Driving around they will probably clear on their own. You may need a better scan tool that can reset all modules. I highly doubt running a wire for a dash cam would cause what you are seeing and most likely just the battery being disconnected.
Im thinking the same exact thing going to drive it till the end of the week see if it clears itself out. I know the dash cam instal did not cause the problem it was definitely the battery disconnect. I know I read somewhere someone else had same issues after disconnecting the battery I think they had to take to dealer though so right now I'm not sure what to think lmao just a very weird situation

·
Registered
145 Posts
Almost every newer vehicle I have disconnected a battery from at a minimum electric power steering needs to reset by driving and a lot of the other systems are linked to that as well. This is really no different than a dead battery or having to get a jump start.

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
If/when I replace a battery on any of our vehicles anytime soon, I'll be using "Memory Saver" that you can purchase at auto supply stores or online. It provides enough to keep the modules from resetting while changing the battery.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If/when I replace a battery on any of our vehicles anytime soon, I'll be using "Memory Saver" that you can purchase at auto supply stores or online. It provides enough to keep the modules from resetting while changing the battery.
I'd do something like this also, I'd imagine hooking up anything 12V to the system to prevent losing memory functions would work (small wire to another vehicle even perhaps?). Anyway, no intention of disconnecting mine any time soon...

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I'd do something like this also, I'd imagine hooking up anything 12V to the system to prevent losing memory functions would work (small wire to another vehicle even perhaps?). Anyway, no intention of disconnecting mine any time soon...
Yes. . . some just use an adapter cord with another small 12V battery to an "always on" aux power port.
One would have to be careful of that since the battery tables then would be "live" with whatever current the said battery might be able to supply.
Those small battery saver cords are nice since it is only a small 9V battery like in a smoke alarm or used in some other handheld electronics devices

·
Super Moderator
21,114 Posts
You could use one of those battery chargers that plugs into the power outlet and have a dual-purpose tool. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
2021 Acadia SLT New only 800 miles on it
I recently disconnected negative battery terminal when reconnected I now get multiple error codes check engine light on traction control disabled, stability control disabled, ABS disabled couple times i seen service transmission light come on. Ive tried disconnecting battery a couple more times with headlights on-for 10/20 minutes to force computer reset but these errors always come back on. Anyone else have this problem after disconnecting battery?
Isn't it great that all of the genius engineers that GMC, BMW and the others have that they cant even design an electrical system that can withstand changing a battery out without wreaking havoc on the systems. I mean really, a super capacitor or small nicad battery pack tucked away somewhere ain't rocket science.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts