GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does it completely block the rear Skyview?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AndrewGS said:
Does it completely block the rear Skyview?
About 90% of it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I paid $2,179.99, no s/h and no sales tax. The going price is $2,595 - $2,999, but if you search hard enough on the web you can find a better deal. The installation wasn't hard just time consuming. I spent the first evening (2 hours) installing the cross rails and the dish on the roof. I did it without help so that is why it took me 2 hours. The second evening (2 hours) I drilled a hole in the roof and ran the cables.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MsS42 said:
anyone can get this backseat tv through www.invisionindustries.com. im getting this for my enclave dealer installed headrest dvd's
Nice system, you can't go wrong with this product. I had the Revolution II from Invision Industries installed in a Nissan Maxima and have since sold to my brother-in-law. I used the money from the sale to help buy the satellite dish. I paid $1,599 + tax from the Nissan dealer about 2 years ago.

·
Registered
403 Posts
No offense, but unless I lived in my car (down by the river) I can't see the light.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gbshuler said:
You are a God of entertainment. Congratulations.

Just for completeness, there is a more mainstream solution coming exclusively to Chrysler this year called Sirius Backseat TV. It should migrate to other platforms for the 2009 model year. By then, maybe.. Sirious and XM will have merged (allowing the product to be used in GM vehicles)

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=FlexContent&cid=1174928955339
Thanks, I really love this system. Now I don't have to go into the stores or mall, I just sit in the car and watch tv while the misses do the shopping. Doesn't matter if she spends two hours in the store anymore.

I read up on the Sirius system, was a little disappointed that it was exclusive to Chrysler only. Hopefully that will change in due time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
To get local channels and NFL Sunday Ticket you need to periodically prove you live in the metro area. This is normally done by the receiver making an outbound call to a central number. The caller ID of the phone making the call identifies your metro area.

How do you do this with your car? Guess its no different than the RV'er's out there..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cravenfan said:
No offense, but unless I lived in my car (down by the river) I can't see the light.
cravenfan, you are really funny...i laugh everytime i read some of your posts. ;D

I think its the 'bling factor'... that huge thing would cover the entire 2nd moonroof. a little much for my taste.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Too expensive for my blood, but I would love one if the reception was good while the vehicle was moving. I'd love it on road trips, sitting in a mall parking lot, not so much.

·
Registered
148 Posts
gbshuler said:
To get local channels and NFL Sunday Ticket you need to periodically prove you live in the metro area. This is normally done by the receiver making an outbound call to a central number. The caller ID of the phone making the call identifies your metro area.
I don't think that's true. I have had DirectTV for years, and Sunday Ticket and I never ever hooked my recievers up to the phone lines. I don't even have a landline phone in my house.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MsS42 said:
Cravenfan said:
cravenfan, you are really funny...i laugh everytime i read some of your posts. ;D

I think its the 'bling factor'... that huge thing would cover the entire 2nd moonroof. a little much for my taste.
Adding video entertainment to my SUV has nothing to do with the bling factor. Unless you know anything about this system, you would have no idea what it is on the roof. Look around the forum and I think you will find more bling-bling than this dish on my roof.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cravenfan said:
To each its own.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is Awesome! Rae, I pm'ed you about this. I have been looking into the TracVision A7 and wondered if anyone had done it yet.
For anyone with kids, this is a godsend.
I just wish the Acadia had TV screens in the headrests so I could have two different TV channels at the same time.

The big question for me is whether to try the install myself or have a KVH dealer do it for me.

Please reply back. Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Reading this post its amazing I ever made it through childhood. Growing up we were lucky to have an AM radio and three broadcast TV Stations. Wow it amazes me what we need to raise kids today. I guess I'm lucky I made it out of childhood and living a pretty productive life with out it all. Next time I see my parents I have to remind them how deprived I was as a child!!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
kevtim10...I hear you! I ordered an Enclave with the DVD system but what ever happened to singing and talking with your kid(s) as you travel? That's what we use to do while we were in the car with Mom. We would count how many red cars went past us or something like that. What about talking about your day. I never knew my mom didn't want to hear what I had to say. (probably why I'm telling you guys what I have to say...Mom listened) DVD player is nice but calling the ability to watch two different sources of TV for different kids a "Godsend". What happened to sharing? What's next? PlayStation in your car...oops, they already have that. Before you start calling me an old fart...32 is my age. You all need to brush up on your children songs and have family idol while on the road. Oh by the way...no french fries or colored beverages will be allowed in the Enclave. But you can sing about how you want some fries and a cup juicy juice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.