GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting the Acadia as my next toad for 4-down towing. Noted the other comment about the battery draining and comfortable putting in a battery cutoff switch. Not worried about losing station presets as a roaming full-timer I tend to not use them anyway!

I would like to see photos of what owners have done in regards to installing the baseplate for the tow bar. Does the design of the Acadia allow for a clean installation?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I posted some pictures on this forum of an Acadia that the name had been changed to Cadia. That unit was being used as a toad and I think the pictures showed a base plate on the front. I've done a search using "Cadia" and my user name, bg1811, and I can't find the post. Maybe you or someone else can find the post.

Also, the Blueox web site has a picture of their base plate, but it is not a very good picture. It is at http://www.aemfg.com/pdfs/BX1675.pdf

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was able to copy the Blue Ox image and lighten in, and looks like the connectors come through the mesh opening below that license plate, so if that needs to be trimmed, it is easily replaced were the vehicle to ever be sold. I was afraid it might require trimming of the bumper fascia itself. On the Outlook, looks like the connectors come through the louvers below the license. Looks like they might get pushed aside a bit, but not trimmed.

This is all assuming the installer knows what the heck they are doing! :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts