GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a problem, just something we noticed this evening. No biggie. Actually probably better for safety with the middle of the mirror blocked by the DVD screen.

Was interesting that wih the DVD screen down, it blocks rear traffic headlights from reaching the sensor on the rear view mirror thus minimizing the auto dimming (and drivers mirror too on SLT-2). Closed the DVD screen and dimming resumed to normal.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I noticed that with it up or down it is really difficult to see the rear backup sensor, they should have mounted it back towards the cargo light in the back.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Boltbacker said:
I noticed that with it up or down it is really difficult to see the rear backup sensor, they should have mounted it back towards the cargo light in the back.
I think GM did this intentionally. They want you to look over your shoulder while backing up, so you can see out the (small) back window and look at the sensor warning lights at the same time, rather than just looking in the mirror. The manual specifically says the warning lights are visibile while looking over your right shoulder.

Kelly

·
Registered
752 Posts
Actually, I find the sound most helpful. I just use the outside mirrors till I hear the first sound, then I get real careful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts