GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to order an Acadia but I don't understand the navigation choices. On the GMC build your own website, after selecting the SL2 trim level, it presents two choices under "Radio" for the navigation system. They're both the same price. The only difference seems to be that one is referred to as a "CD player and DVD based navigation system" while the other is referred to as a "CD/DVD player and DVD based navigation system." Here's what it looks like:

RADIO
Audio system with navigation, , AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD player and DVD-based navigation, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume, TheftLock, voice recognition and (UQA) Bose premium 10-speaker system (U3R)

Audio system with navigation, , AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD/DVD player and DVD-based navigation, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume, TheftLock and voice recognition (UZR)

I don't get it, what's the difference? Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think the difference is you get the one with the DVD/CD slot (in addition to the DVD slot for the NAV disc) if you get the rear seat entertainment system option too. Otherwise you just get the CD player with DVD based navigation....

Anyone else know?

·
Registered
362 Posts
The difference is between a vehicle with a DVD entertainment system and one without. Up front, the only difference is a DVD slot (plays music CDs as well) with the entertainment system and a CD slot for a vehicle without.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Here's a picture from my vehicle. The slot is either a DVD player or CD player. Mine is a CD player (no entertainment system).

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh, now I get it. Its not really a choice. Its one or the other depending on whether or not you get the DVD Entertainment package.

Thanks!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Exactly! :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts