GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy what a difference the new software makes to the performance of the vehicle. There is now NO hesitation when you step on the gas, it instantly kicks on the VVT and away you go. This makes the engine a little louder but I will take that and not have the hesitation. If you have not done this make your appt. and get it done. I also got the airbag recall done. It took about 1 1/2 hrs for both to get done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Boltbacker said:
Boy what a difference the new software makes to the performance of the vehicle. There is now NO hesitation when you step on the gas, it instantly kicks on the VVT and away you go. This makes the engine a little louder but I will take that and not have the hesitation. If you have not done this make your appt. and get it done. I also got the airbag recall done. It took about 1 1/2 hrs for both to get done.
Will the mileage will be less now because of this performance adjustment?
You mentioned the engine is little louder, is the same sound when you step on the gas to go speed?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gotham said:
Boltbacker said:
Will the mileage will be less now because of this performance adjustment?
You mentioned the engine is little louder, is the same sound when you step on the gas to go speed?
Yea since it is kicking in the VVT a lot sooner you just hear the engine more now, maybe it is because I was concentrating on it though. I don't believe that the mileage will be effected.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I looked for a recall or TSB on this fix and could not find anything. can anyone post a link descrbing the issue and fix?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Boltbacker, that's fantastic news. There has been a lot of talk about the acceleration lag, both in this forums and others. We noticed it immediately upon test driving back in mid-January. We ordered the car anyway. After reading about several owners with this problem, I began to get nervous about the car.(its still on order). Thanks for sharing the great news, that there is an easy fix to this issue.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Racefla said:
Did the service dept know about this fix? Or did you have to tell them there was a fix?
I asked them about if there was a transmission update, the service advisor looked it up and found it. He had not heard about this yet but this was also the first Acadia that had been brought to the service bays he said.

·
Registered
156 Posts
A poster on the Saturnfans board posted the following;
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Subject: ...Automatic Transmission Sluggish Performance When Accelerating From a Low Speed Maneuver... (Reprogram TCM) #07-07-30-003 - (02/20/2007) [/b]

Correction:
Reprogram the transmission control module (TCM) with the new updated calibration.

An updated TCM calibration is now available to address this concern. This calibration, or any that follow, is designed to address this concern. Reprogram the TCM with the software now available ... using the Service Programming System (SPS).

If you cannot access the calibration, call the Techline Customer Support Center at *number edited*and it will be provided. As always, make sure your Tech 2® Diagnostic Scan Tool is updated with the latest software version.

Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation: K5364
Description: Transmission Control Module Transmission Reprogramming with SPS

·
Registered
29 Posts
MrBiz said:
A poster on the Saturnfans board posted the following;
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Subject: ...Automatic Transmission Sluggish Performance When Accelerating From a Low Speed Maneuver... (Reprogram TCM) #07-07-30-003 - (02/20/2007) [/b]

Correction:
Reprogram the transmission control module (TCM) with the new updated calibration.

An updated TCM calibration is now available to address this concern. This calibration, or any that follow, is designed to address this concern. Reprogram the TCM with the software now available ... using the Service Programming System (SPS).

If you cannot access the calibration, call the Techline Customer Support Center at *number edited*and it will be provided. As always, make sure your Tech 2® Diagnostic Scan Tool is updated with the latest software version.

Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation: K5364
Description: Transmission Control Module Transmission Reprogramming with SPS
So is it an issue with few acadia's or all?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hey, I don't really want to be the first car in that the service department gets to practice on. My question is ....does anybody know how important the airbag recall is? Outside of the fact that I'm not planning to ram anybody in the near future, the car did pass all the govt safety tests with flying colors. You would think they had the same setup we do. So has anybody seen any specifics on this. Does the airbag not deploy on all cars, just on some, or what. I mean I don't plan to wait months before I go in, but a week or so is tempting.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
sandman said:
Hey, I don't really want to be the first car in that the service department gets to practice on. My question is ....does anybody know how important the airbag recall is? Outside of the fact that I'm not planning to ram anybody in the near future, the car did pass all the govt safety tests with flying colors. You would think they had the same setup we do. So has anybody seen any specifics on this. Does the airbag not deploy on all cars, just on some, or what. I mean I don't plan to wait months before I go in, but a week or so is tempting.
It is not a problem with the airbag itself. I think the airbag module kept a continuus electrical drain on the battery even after the car was off. The recall is just a flash of the computer.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
We just got our letter in the mail today and it states "the airbag may fail to deploy in the event of an accident." That sounds fairly serious. Now we drove cars around for about a hundred years before airbags, but I'd feel much better knowing all of that was squared away. I don't plan on waiting any longer than I have to...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I took my Acadia in today to get the front windows tinted (awesome look on the Carbon, btw) and to get the airbag and transmission updates. The dealer didn't know about the airbag recall until I told him, but he then looked it up and found it. Likewise, he had no idea about the transmission issue either. This one didn't come up so I convinced him to look for the upgrade because it was out there. When I picked up the vehicle he said both were done but had no paperwork to show it because the issues are still too new to be in his computer (or something to that effect - he said they'll come in the mail when available). Does this sound right to anyone? I have no idea if the airbags were updated, but it feels like the transmission was. The engine is a bit louder and acceleration seems a tiny bit better, but there are still some issues with lag - still not satisfied. With the vehicle being so new it's creating some problems with the service staff because they just don't know anything about them - very similar to what others have said about the sales staff knowledge (or lack of).

·
Registered
156 Posts
kgbradley said:
When I picked up the vehicle he said both were done but had no paperwork to show it because the issues are still too new to be in his computer
These are both in the systems that the dealers use. Are you saying that your service receipt does not even show this work being done? If so, it sounds like something is wrong with your dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did the airbag recall, and the transmission TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) today. The dealer did not have the parts for the air inlet recall. I had gone to the dealer thinking that the transmission update was a recall. When I pulled it up for him on this forum he told me it was a Technical Service bulletin. Make sure you refer to it as that or there will be some confusion. They found the TSB real quickly and applied it in a matter of 10 minutes.

Wow, what a difference it makes. No more of the low groaning noises (as if it had shifted into too low of a gear for your speed). It also seems to be a little more snappy off the line. I'm hoping this doesn't have a huge effect on gas mileage.

I loved the drive before, but am ecstatic about the new dynamics of the vehicle with the transmission update.

·
Registered
24 Posts
MrBiz, yes that's correct - nothing on my service receipt that shows these upgrades were done. Like I said previously, I had the windows tinted and when this was all that showed up on the receipt I questioned it. It sounded pretty lame to me that they wouldn't have the ability to put this on the receipt since the technicians time had to get charged to something, but what was I to do? My biggest concern wth these items and whether they were even done at all is with the airbags. I can't imagine why the service guy would say he did them when he really didn't, especially since the liabilty would be huge for the dealership if an accident occurred and this was proven to have never been updated as stated.

·
Registered
143 Posts
tje2628 said:
I loved the drive before, but am ecstatic about the new dynamics of the vehicle with the transmission update.
Does anyone know if the transmission adjustment will automatically be done to new vehicles? Or is it optional at the owner's discretion? I just placed a factory order for an Acadia through my dealer. I'm hoping they will automatically do this adjustment to all future builds and I won't have to concern myself with whether or not it's been done after I receive my Acadia.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Does anyone know if the transmission adjustment will automatically be done to new vehicles? Or is it optional at the owner's discretion? I just placed a factory order for an Acadia through my dealer. I'm hoping they will automatically do this adjustment to all future builds and I won't have to concern myself with whether or not it's been done after I receive my Acadia.
[/quote]

Vehicles built after Feb 12 automatically have the update people are talking about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
NY_Joe said:
sandman said:
It is not a problem with the airbag itself. I think the airbag module kept a continuus electrical drain on the battery even after the car was off. The recall is just a flash of the computer.
The problem with the airbag is ....If one is to back into an object below 5mph it is possible that the software would disable the front airbag without giving a warning light on the dash. However I do not know if this apply only if the vehicle is in reverse or could it deactivate if someone were to back into you in a parking lot. Anyway it is a software problem and the computer needs to be reflashed.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts