GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...On my 2016 Denali. Using previously posted directions and a you tube video, I swapped the license plate bulbs, the reverse lights and the fog lights. The truck looks so much better now but I haven't had a chance to run it at night yet to see the real difference. The fog light swap is straight forward. I put mine on ramps to give myself more room to work. For the reverse lights, complete removal of the plastic panel on the hatch is not necessary. I was able to loosen the bottom half and get my hands in there to swap the bulbs. The license plate bulbs are easier than they look... just loosen the T20 screw, but don't pull it out. Once loosened, use needle nose pliers to pull on the screw while slowly rocking the bulb assembly free. And one more tip... the you tube video I watched suggested to chock the wheels and put the car in reverse to check your work. Please don't do that. All you need to do is hit the unlock button on your key fob and the lights will come on. No need to take an unnecessary and dumb risk. If the bulbs don't work, remove them and flip them around and check them again. There are plenty of previously posted instructions but if anyone has any questions or wants pictures, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just completed the tag and reverse LED swap on my wife's 2017 Denali.Tag lights required no tools, the reverse required pulling the lift hatch plastic panel and a pair of needle nose pliers. At night the car now looks like it was supposed to from the factory.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree... the truck looks way better now, classier. I didn't have to remove the panel completely from the tail gate... I was able to unclip the lower half and got my hand in there to swap the bulbs. Less risk of breaking anything. I did the fog light bulbs and man, what a difference in looks and functionality.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will take some pics this coming weekend... the Acadia hasn't budged since Wednesday because of the crap weather we have had. I didn't take any pics when I did the swap because I didn't think there was any real interest.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
Here are some pics... The Acadia just looks so much classier and the fog lights make a big difference in visibility.
20200118_181420.jpg
20200118_181534.jpg
20200118_181555.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts