GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- I just made a deal Fri. on a 2008 GMC Acadia SLE1 MSRP was $33,800. It was a demo with 5,900 miles on it.

Options: Convenience Package, Preferred Package, Entertainment DVD, Trailering Package, Heated Windshield Washer, Red Jewel Tint Coat.

Paid: $29,500 Before tax and plate

·
Registered
956 Posts
I guess my question for you is why does it matter now? You have bought the car so enjoy it. I think your deal was fine and yes you might have been able to save a few more bucks, but you could have also spent more too. It looks like you have a nicely optioned SLE that you will get many years of enjoyment from.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A deal is never done untill money has changed hands. I could still back out. If I get feedback that I'm not getting a good deal I'm going to buy new.

I just happen to like the options and colors on this one.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I think it's probably fair, but you might be able to do a little better and maybe not. Do you like the dealer and do they seem honest and fair? Have you tried making them a counter offer and have you checked other dealers for a similar vehicle? If you have done these things and the price is about what others are charging, then it's a fair deal, but if this is the only place you've shopped you might want to look more. How much is your time worth?

·
Registered
22 Posts
FWD or AWD?

Buckets or Bench?

I assume FWD based on price?

DVD is a pretty spendy options, so probably a good deal.

I got a brand new FWD SLE, with Preferred, Convenience, and Trailers, for ~$29K. So for 5,900 miles, you got about the same deal, but have the DVD. Not sure how much that option runs?

My 2 cents.... Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FWD and bench.

I like the captians chairs, but really needed the extra seat.

I would of bought new, but could not find this combo in a 250 mile search. I guess I'm happy with the deal, but always heard demo's don't equal "good deal". I always bought new.

What did your's MSRP for?

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jaweichert - What color is your sle? I paid more for the red jewel tint coat, and I think the washer heater was a C note.

I had to bargin my butt off for that price. The sales manager said to me, thanks for leaving some blood.

I don't know if this is there game at this dealer or maybe I did get a deal, anyway I'm looking forward to picking up tomarrow 5/6/08.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the deal feel through on the red jewel sle, I went to pick it up and the bottom of the drivers side door had 6 dime size dents in it. The dealer said it would take care of it but I was not willing to pay $30K for a car that needed repair, there were also some other small problems, long story.

The good news. I found a SLT-1 4SA loaded to our liking but of course more $$$. It was built on April 7 in Lansing Mi. must of been right before the strike. I hope I got a good one! Here are the options and deal, what do you think.

SLT-1 4SA $34,290.00
Deep Blue Metallic
Ebony Leather
Convenience package: $435.00
cargo package: $90.00
skyscape sunroof: $1,300.00
cargo audio controls: $150.00
19" wheels: $1,295.00 [-$300 content credit]
DVD $1,295.00
power liftgate: $350.00
towing package: $425.00

MSRP: $40065.00
After dealing: $37,100.00
Rebates: -$1500.00

Paid: $35,600.00 + tax and title

I was happy with the deal, but still have that feeling of, should I've waited for a '09.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts