GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were driving around Sat. and my phone kept coming on. When I pushed the telephone button it said "goodbye." I tried to push the Onstar button to get a diagnosis, but it kept switching to my phone line. I called Onstar and the tech dude told me to push the red button, say it wasn't an emergency and have them check it. According to him, they can't diagnose your car unless you call from it. I couldn't get out on the red button either. I called back, and the same tech dude told me that Onstar was having computer problems, but the calls shouldn't be sent to my phone line.

Right before this happened, my radio was fading in and out. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, since I KNOW this will not happen when I take it to the dealer. Every time I take it in, my service guy gives me that "you are a woman, you don't know cars" look. (He tried to convince me that the crunching noise in the steering column I hear was actually a lose pen in my door!)

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I drove mine around a bit yesterday and didn't have any problems with the OnStar. So at least you can tell your dealership that (as a woman) you have ruled out that the problem is associated with the color of the vehicle (mine is a red jewel too). ::) ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah i went on a 140 mile drive and i thought my xm was fading in and out but i thought that was impossible. I did not have an onstar problem that i know of. Interesting how the two are connected.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also had issues with the radio fading in and out over the weekend. ??? I thought it was just me.

·
Registered
362 Posts
garco 57 said:
Yeah i went on a 140 mile drive and i thought my xm was fading in and out but i thought that was impossible.
Mine does that on a regular basis. Not impressed so far.

·
Registered
39 Posts
jfencl said:
garco 57 said:
Yeah i went on a 140 mile drive and i thought my xm was fading in and out but i thought that was impossible.
Mine does that on a regular basis. Not impressed so far.
The only time I lose reception is if I go behind a tall building or inside a parking garage. I guess that's because the satellite can't "see" me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts