GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a fast question and I am wonder if anyone else has seen this. I just got my new SLT-2 FWD and I see some funny things with the DIC when it comes to mileage and average gas consumption.

I had a full tank of gas and drove about 100 miles. Before I started the DIC showed I had 301 miles for the full tank, well ok. I don't believe this being that is a 22 gallon tank and if i get 20 miles to the gallon, but ok. After I drove the 100 miles the millage left for the tank only went down 40 miles to 265 and the gas needle is just above 3 quarters of a tank. Now if I look at the average gas millage it shows that I am averaging about 24.7 miles per gallon..

Something is not adding up here.

Anyone else experience this??

·
Registered
104 Posts
I pay very little attention to mine. About the only time i look at it is when i fill up. I usually compare the gallons used and mpg versus manually figuring up. It will usually be within .3 or so. But that's just me.
Jerry

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to do the same thing. I was just wondering if this was a computer related problem as the dealership has never seen this and my benz is dead on accurate.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a similar problem. I was told (and I found in the manual) that the system recalcuates based upon the current MPG and fuel remaining to determine distance to empty.

If you reset the DIC or loose power to the vehicle it more or less resets it.

The system needs a good 300-500 miles to get a good "feel" for the MPG and thus the distance to empty

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool, this is what I was looking for. I missed that in the manual. Back to reading :)

Have a great weekend!!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Correct. If your last tank got 16-17 mpg, and you fill up it will figure the distance from the last tank/mpg.

If you hit the highway for a trip and the mpg picks up (20+), it will recalculate as you go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts