GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The avg MPG reading on my DIC keeps getting stuck on 11.3 MPG and will not change unless I reset to zero. Once I reset, it changes as I drive up to 11.3 then will not go up or down even on the Interstate. I just got my car back from the dealership for a number of repairs including this and their only comment was that the 11.3 MPG is based on how I drive. I have had three water leaks from the sunroof , could that have caused some problems with the DIC? I am so sick and tired of having to come to this forum to have my car diagnosed then go back to the dealership with the TSB or solution. Any advice on this one?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sorry about this issue. Based on what you have described the DIC is not working right. A simple test drive by service
should validate this issue and repairs are covered by warranty. If this dealership is not helpful, you may have to
take your car to another one. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Their reasoning is total BS.
You should test drive another Acadia on their lot, and prove it does not stay
at 11.3 mpg when you drive. If they are correct, then the new Acadia should read
11.3 mpg; and it is because of the way you drive. If it does not read 11.3 mpg, then
it is obviously the vehicle; not the driver.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Sounds like some type of sensor issue. It would also reinforce your point to the dealer to write down your mileage on your gas receipts when you fill up and then divide miles driven by gallons used- that way you have a real world average to report and can refute the number on the DIC.

I managed to get ours up to 25.3 on a trip w/ Mrs. Blue today (OK, it was to look at a Challenger in another town :)). Mainly 4 lane divided @ 65 MPH with a little in-town driving at each end.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I watched the DIC avg MPG over my first 3 tanks, and it slowly creeped from 7.1 to 16.9 mpg. On the 4th fill-up, i re-set it, and now it reacts very quickly as I drive, both up and down. I have seen as high as 26mpg (not for long though, lead foot syndrome)

Looking at regret-it's posts, I think he got a car built on Monday AM, or it was last out the door on a Friday before a holliday. THe seat and defroster panels areunacceptable, and I woudl really push the dealer on the number of issues you have encountered.

Not knowing the whole story, you may have done so, so I appologize if this comment is out of line.

·
Registered
635 Posts
ekohl said:
I watched the DIC avg MPG over my first 3 tanks, and it slowly creeped from 7.1 to 16.9 mpg. On the 4th fill-up, i re-set it, and now it reacts very quickly as I drive, both up and down. I have seen as high as 26mpg (not for long though, lead foot syndrome)
If I am reading yours correctly - you did not reset at all during the first 3 tanks and only on the 4th. If that is the case, that is why yours was creeping. Every time I fill up I reset. In the first 20 to 30 miles it does react very quickly then calms down. The AVG MPG indicator does not know when you fill up so when you go a couple of tanks in between, it is going to give you the average for those combined. Regret's problem is a bad DIC or sensor.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I took my Acadia in for November repairs , the DIC issues were on my list of things to check or repair. Of course they couldn't find anything.
My Acadia has been in for December repairs 6 days as I post this with one repair being the fourth water leak associated with the sunroof. I really believe that so many leaks have caused sensors to go bad . So far problems with the DIC have been: brake light on , park assist off message ,
chimes would not stop , low tire pressure message , drivers side mirror would not go back to set position , outside temp reads too high, mpg reading gets stuck,
When I get my car back I should have had eleven successful repairs and four that they could not fix.
In 12 months of ownership, I have seen the guys in the service dept more than my family!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Without resetting mine very often, it still changes, just much slower. I am stuck in the 15.8-15.9 realm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts