GMC Acadia Forum banner

Did your dealer require a deposit upon ordering? If so, how much?

  • No deposit paid

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $499 and under

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $500 to $1000

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over $1000

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this poll, because I was wondering if what we paid for the deposit was high. Our dealer asked for $1000. :eek: I noticed some people made mention in the various threads that they weren't asked for $ down. $1000 just seems high for a deposit to me. But, we gladly paid it to get the order rolling. Curious what the norm is with this car being new and all. Thanks to all participants.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,259 Posts
While we didn't order, we did have our dealer transfer an Acadia from another dealership. We actually offered to put down a deposit (to show we were serious) and our sales guy said "oh that's not necessary at all..."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
I put down $500.00.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Zero! Zip! Zilch! Nada!

Our dealer said our handshake is as good as our word...Great dealer to deal with..

Adam
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
969 Posts
$500 here.

We all can;t have it like Super Duper Mod..no dpeosit and waiting 1 month

You just want people to not like you...don't you?????

hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
NY_Joe said:
$500 here.

We all can;t have it like Super Duper Mod..no dpeosit and waiting 1 month

You just want people to not like you...don't you?????

hehe
Is it working???

lol

Adam
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,259 Posts
Well, considering I saw the Acadia for the first time at an auto show on Saturday, test drove the Outlook the next day (Sunday - GMC dealerships weren't open on sundays here), Test drove the Acadia on Tuesday, had one transfered from another dealership on Wednesday and purchased ours on Thursday (exactly what we wanted except for power liftgate, which was just an nicety anyway), one month seems like a GODAWEFUL amount of time to wait for an Acadia! Seriously Adam, I don't know how you did it and stayed sane ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Mine was zero, even with completing the "dealer" sales sheet. They had to locate the vehicle, but, 3 days later it was done...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
969 Posts
admin said:
Well, considering I saw the Acadia for the first time at an auto show on Saturday, test drove the Outlook the next day (Sunday - GMC dealerships weren't open on sundays here), Test drove the Acadia on Tuesday, had one transfered from another dealership on Wednesday and purchased ours on Thursday (exactly what we wanted except for power liftgate, which was just an nicety anyway), one month seems like a GODAWEFUL amount of time to wait for an Acadia! Seriously Adam, I don't know how you did it and stayed sane ;)
And there is the rest of the peanut gallery.

I searched lots from end of December and say my first one right after the turn of the year. Waited another week for my delivering dealer to get one so I could test drive. Placed order on 1/13. 6 weeks later I still got nothing.

Get a call on MOnday that a dealer called them for a swap of a Yukon and they had a Red JEwel Acadia only it had more options and titanium interior. Boss(the wife) gave the OK and we were off.

7 weeks from order to cancel to delivery on this Saturday. Add 3 more weeks for the intial wait to see the first one.

That is 10 weeks I will never get back.

And yes Adam, it's working.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
I was asked for 10% from the GMC Dealer I went to - sounds Like I was played a little. I think I am going to the Dealership to have a little Chat with the Sales Manager. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
JB said:
I was asked for 10% from the GMC Dealer I went to - sounds Like I was played a little. I think I am going to the Dealership to have a little Chat with the Sales Manager. :mad:
Yeah, I would get the money back and find a new dealer. I have never understood deposits at dealerships anyways since they are 100% refundable if you don't buy the vehicle. And with the acadia it's not like they wouldn't be able to sell it if you decided not to buy it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
$1,000 here. They asked for $500..buy why not start chipping away at it early.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
I wasn't asked to put a deposit down or fill out any paperwork. I just told them exactly what I wanted to order, they showed me the order to ok it (although wasn't asked to initial it or anything, just a verbal, "yep, this is what I want" kind of conversation) and the order was placed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,861 Posts
I put $2000 down, but they didn't ask for anything. The only reason I did it was because I have a 0% interest credit card through my bank until next summer and I needed to lower my monthly car payments. I'll just use my tax return next year to pay off the $2000 on the card. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
I put down $500 to hold the one they had in the showroom for a few days, so it didn't get sold out from under me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
I haven't ordered yet, but am close.

The dealership I am working with says they routinely get $1000 nonrefundable deposit on all factory orders.

I don't mind the amount, since I'm serious about the vehicle anyway, but the nonrefundable aspect has me a little worried. Don't know what would cause me to cancel and ask for a refund, but it seems like a bad idea to be locked in unnecessarily.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
xcskier said:
The dealership I am working with says they routinely get $1000 nonrefundable deposit on all factory orders.

I don't mind the amount, since I'm serious about the vehicle anyway, but the nonrefundable aspect has me a little worried. Don't know what would cause me to cancel and ask for a refund, but it seems like a bad idea to be locked in unnecessarily.
xcskier... Why don't you print out this page with the poll results at the top and show it to them. Very few are paying that much and the idea of nonrefundable is unconscionable. They may not care but at least it gives you the credibility in that you might walk to another dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I complained to my husband, that we had to put down $1000. I think it was because our dealer had to order through another dealer. Either way, it is a refundable deposit. Even if you canceled your order, they could easily easily sell it, or trade it to another dealer. I can't imagine they can justify having to "keep" your $1000 upon cancellation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
We put down $500 refundable when we ordered but before it came they cashed the check. When we picked our acadia up we had to refresh their memory about the 500 dollars and get them to take it off the price.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top