GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's no Denali level trim for the Acadia yet...

But I'd LOVE to put a Denali style grill on it, I think it'd set the front end off even more!

Problem is, I can't find one ANYWHERE!!

Anyone else out there come across one? Or any type of custom Billet Grille for the Acadia yet?

Jon

·
Registered
315 Posts
There really are no real aftermarket accessories for any of the GM Lambdas yet, since they're so new, but I'd guess maybe in 2 months or so, some stuff will start popping up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I see on the Saturn Accessories web page that they have a billet grill for the Outlook. So maybe the factory may come out with some soon for the Acadia.

I will have to say I do not care for the looks of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have to agree on the saturn billet grill.

Of course i didn't really like the looks of the saturn version in the first place!

·
Registered
131 Posts
E & G classics (E&G classic Grills) has a denali style grill just out. They also have "mesh" style covers for those cheap plastic fake vents on the bumper. Its interesting looking, I love the grill, but I am not to sure on the lower mesh....I guess anything looks better than the fake vents.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I really like that mesh look. I'll have to check into this. I'm am not usually one for aftermarket stuff on my cars. But I think this will make the front look better. I couldn't seem to find the cost on that guy.

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
thats not it. The denali grill is a honey comb grill not a mesh. the design is a bunch of circle holes not diagonal ones.

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I emailed EG classic grills and asked them when they plan on having a "Denali style" grill for the Acadia. They indicated end of the month they'll have more styles. Since it's pretty much end of May, I guess they mean end of June.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think I'm going to order this set up. I am going to get the upper grill and the lower set. On the lower set, I think I am just going to install the middle piece only (like on the yukon denali). I am going to hold off on the other two lower sides.

I heard good things about E & G. Hope the overlay grill pieces work well. If not, off to ebay they go. Once I get these grills put on....I'll post some pictures.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Rufio said:
I emailed EG classic grills and asked them when they plan on having a "Denali style" grill for the Acadia. They indicated end of the month they'll have more styles. Since it's pretty much end of May, I guess they mean end of June.

I do love the look of the grill. it flashy, Kinda adds to the "bling bling" of the acadia.

They seemed to give you a vague answer, i hope that one of those "new" styles is the denali style.

·
Registered
158 Posts
seems a little chincy to be worth the $350 price tag. I think i will wait for a better option.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I always see this a Cadilac CTS in my work parking lot with a nice grill. As a result of this thread I finally went up close for a better inspection. Didn't realize till then that it was an "overlay" grill as well. Up close I can see the metal clips. Had to look quick becuase I didn't want some dude coming out after me thinking I was defacing his car. All in all looked really good. Had the mesh look very similar to the one from the EG website for the Acadia. If I can find the owner I'll ask him what brand his grill is. If it's anything like this overlay, I would definitely buy it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Here's another thread that discussed an Acadia Delali (East coast and West coast National Parks, no less!). Adam Boca provided a photoshopped idea of what one would look like, with the correct honeycomb grill.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=53.0

·
Registered
721 Posts
I prefer the mesh look to Billet and the Denali Honeycomb. I've seen an '07 Yukon and '07 Tahoe with a mesh type grill but I can't tell if the spaces between the mesh are more open on these. If so I like this version better. Not out yet for the Acadia, but company is called SES Trims based out of Brooklyn I believe. I found some pics...I don't like how they did the square trim around the GMC logo, so hopefully if they make one for the Acadia they chose a different route.

Anyone from the area want to contact them and provide your vehicle to them for measurements?

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just ordered the E&G grill. Rep says it will ship out on June 7th. This guy is on ebay and he has a 99% positive w/over 5,000 feedback. I'm not in way tied to this guy or affilated with them. They just gave me a good price of $310.00 dollars + shipping....
Once the grill is in, I'll post the pictures and give you feedback as to the quality and fit of the grills.

If any one else is interested, just email this guy below...the grills are not yet posted on his ebay store, so you have to email him.

Chris Cape

Automotive Concepts

phone: 800 999-8836

fax: 215 443-2456

web: www.automotiveconcepts.net
ebay: http://stores.ebay.com/Automotive-Concepts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Is that 310 for the top and bottom pieces?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes....Thats for the top and bottom...all 4 pieces.... see below invoice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invoice
Automotive Concepts
513 Horsham Road
Horsham, PA 19044
United States
800-999-8836
[email protected]

Qty Item ID Description Unit Price Amount
1 07-1371-0102-07 ACADIA 07 MESH GRILLE (Upper & Lower) 310.98 310.98

Subtotal: $310.98
Shipping: 10.00
Total: $320.98 USD

Please be sure to include you full shipping address with payment. (Not a PO Box please)

Grille would ship 06/07/2007 via UPS Ground

Any questions please let us know.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts