GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have located a FWD SLT 1 4 SA, with convenience package, dvd entertainment system, and 8 passenger seating, silver with ebony leather. It is a demo with 3000mi on it. MSRP 35,690 including destination, purchase/lease price 34,400. Edmunds and KBB do not have info to calculate tmv on 2008 "used" models. Any thoughts on this price considering the 3000 miles on the demo? Edmunds TMV on a new model configured this way is $35,570; thus, this is about a $1170 discount. Any input appreciated. BTW, b/c the lease residual drops with the added mileage, the best lease numbers I can get are 591/mo for 39mo at 12k/yr and 600/mo at 39mo for 13k/yr. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Moderator, I was not sure if this should go in the general forum or the buying/leasing forum, so I started it here. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
You might be able to get another $500-$1000, but the way these are selling, they might not budge.
I could not imagine a LEASE payment that high, but that is just me. I am young and have never leased, but that is really high for me to pay for a lease.
Best of luck, hope you enjoy it if you get it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
bdmd ,

If you are trying to save money, your best bet would be a used one.
The dealer still has the same money invested in a demo as he does
one without any miles, so you could get the same deal on a brand new
one with no miles. A demo is basically a used vehicle, because the warranty
had started when it became a demo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
updated deal numbers:
Purchase/lease price $32,908 plus ttl; minus $1000 rebate on purchase, or $500 rebate on lease. 60mo finance at 6.9% with 0 down is $689/mo; 36mo lease at 15k/yr is $549/mo with $1587 (first payment, $399 "dealer fee", $575 security deposit, $60 tax--not sure what "dealer fee" is unless is extra down payment--will definitely need clarification) due at signing, 8% lease rate and 60% residual. vehicle has 2650mo. Plus, GM will pay up to $2000 towards my current lease (Acura MDX, have 3 more payments totalling about 1750). Without "upfront money down" lease payment will be $579/mo. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Still to much for a lease if it was me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's a very personal thing. It looks like you'd be paying roughly $100 more per month to buy the Acadia over what you're paying to lease your Acura, which doesn't sound like such a bad deal. The lease on the Acadia sounds a little high, but it's not an inexpensive vehicle, and it's one I think you'd enjoy.

I'd also check on the warranty, often they don't start until the vehicle is titled, and usually the manufacturer says it can't go beyond 5k miles to qualify. You may well get the full warranty, so it's worth asking.

The $689 payment X 60 months = $41,340 by the end of the term if my math is right, so I guess you have to decide if it would be worth finding a used '07 to reduce the amount you have invested.

Again it's very personal, but I think we all like our Acadias quite a bit and would recommend one. Let us know what you decide, and good luck. Erik

·
Registered
9 Posts
bdmd said:
updated deal numbers:
Purchase/lease price $32,908 plus ttl; minus $1000 rebate on purchase, or $500 rebate on lease. 60mo finance at 6.9% with 0 down is $689/mo; 36mo lease at 15k/yr is $549/mo with $1587 (first payment, $399 "dealer fee", $575 security deposit, $60 tax--not sure what "dealer fee" is unless is extra down payment--will definitely need clarification) due at signing, 8% lease rate and 60% residual. vehicle has 2650mo. Plus, GM will pay up to $2000 towards my current lease (Acura MDX, have 3 more payments totalling about 1750). Without "upfront money down" lease payment will be $579/mo. Any thoughts?
I'm paying more than that for my Acadia, and I lease because I like to have at least one new car in my household and I get bored with a car after about 2 years or so and get the itch for a new toy. That being said, it would take around 6 years to make the purchase start to break even with the lease price. you can plug your numbers into a lease vs buy calculator like this one http://www.leaseguide.com/leasevsbuy.htm to see where that point lies exactly.

I'd also go over the figures you were given with the dealer again, because you might be able to stretch the lease to 39 mos and/or go to 12k and get a significantly lower payment. One good thing about GM leases is that they offer two or more months "pull-ahead" so you're actually signing a lease that's 2 months shorter if you stick with gm products in your next lease.

You might also contact another dealer and see just how cheaply you can get into an equivalently optioned Acadia with 0 miles on it.

Good luck with your purchace!

·
Registered
31 Posts
well imma chime in, i just bought my Acadia yesterday, granted its not an SLT, but it was for my wife and I had to get a payment that she could afford.... I looked @ a similarly optioned SLT1 as your talkin bout, w/ 100 miles on the dash for the same price, not sure what the benifits of getting one w/ that many miles on it, i had mine brought in, b/c the one the wife wanted and liked was not on the lot, i didn't pay shipping nor destination charges, the dealer ate those charges, plus i got it for 500 over invoice, and it only had 182 miles on the dash when we pulled off the lot........ do so more research... and w/ the lease incentives that they have that still seems kind of high... oh yeah as far as discount i wouldn't even try... unless the feel sorry for ya, the not budging... the dealer I used, I had a brand new sales associate, had only been on the lot a little over 2 months and really needed to move a vehicle, and they didn't work with us @ all, i was told, we can't keep em on the lot so why would i give you a discount if you don't buy that one it will be gone by next week...................................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts