GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of purchasing a 2008 SLT-1 but it has 2450 miles on it. How much should I ask for a discount. The dealer only offered $250...

·
Registered
200 Posts
The NADA Book/website showed a $925 mileage deduction. It's one thing to get a "new" car with a few hundred miles on it off the lot---even as much as 400-500----but 2450 is quite a bit more. Still---2450 goes pretty fast if you own a car and take a couple hour and a half trips etc.. So it's not thaaaat much.

I'd still shoot for closer to a thousand. Or I'd look at a 2008 non-demo----the deals are awesome right now anyway, so why accept the demo for only a $250 difference?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just a check on Auto Trader.com showed two SLTs that were both about the same options-wise (both were FWD). One had 6,000 miles and was only $360 cheaper than one that had 119 miles (and was in essence new). Which would you buy??? :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I worked for a GM Dealer many years ago. If my memory serves me well, the dealer gets an incentive from the factory for cars put in "demo-service". This could be a reduction in "flooring charges" (interest) from GMAC Dealer Financing or other rebates. Demo's must be taken out of service prior to a set amount of mile on the odometer, OR IT BECOMES A TITLED CAR (USED). I don't know what those miles would be today, but make sure the car has a MSO and not a title. The benefits, your warranted vehicle miles should start start up and above the miles on the odometer. Additionally, if any annoying problems crop up on a new vehicle, it is usually during the first 2,000 miles or so. The dealership basically "broke in" the car for you and may have taken care of any annoying problems (seat rails, etc.) I think they have more than $250. to play with....good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I had found an Outlook in Illinois equipped how we wanted it with 4K miles (a demo). The dealer was not offering very much off at all. The Internet Manager said you either got the supplier price or what ended up being a little less off for it being a demo, but you could not get both if the dealer had gotten incentives from GM on it.

Needless to say, we didn't buy it, the money was exactly the same as a new one with < 10 miles on it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I had found an Outlook in Illinois equipped how we wanted it with 4K miles (a demo). The dealer was not offering very much off at all. The Internet Manager said you either got the supplier price or what ended up being a little less off for it being a demo, but you could not get both if the dealer had gotten incentives from GM on it.
Needless to say, we didn't buy it, the money was exactly the same as a new one with < 10 miles on it.

From my understanding the days are over on getting big incentives for purchasing a demo vehicle, at least that is what I was told at three separate Acadia's at dealerships that I was going to lease recently. All three dealers had a "demo" available and all gave the same story so it must have some merit. GMC does not offer much to dealerships now on demo vehicle and hence no major break to the end consumer. Like others, I ended up leasing a 2008 Acadia with 8 miles for just a tad more than the demo's I was looking at. Heck one had more than 7000 miles on it while the lowest was in the 3000's.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
KDTUVIEW said:
I was thinking of purchasing a 2008 SLT-1 but it has 2450 miles on it. How much should I ask for a discount. The dealer only offered $250...
NOT WORTH IT, just go buy a different one with 0 miles. Take delivery before the incentives run out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was able to find an SLT-2 in the color/interior with 1K miles (demo) - dealer knocked off a couple hundred bucks and mostly waived the handling fee so all is good. Thanks everyone for your input - looking forward to my new car! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts