GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just looking at a post from a fellow Acadian. It linked to GMs site on expected order times and issues. I noted that on the Acadia it said around 8 weeks and that included a 10-14 day time period for delivery. Then it said add 1-3 weeks if you live in an eastern or western state. Does 10-14 days just get you to Chicago? Has anyone else on the West coast been told it will be 12 weeks, not 8 when ordering. That seems extreme to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
I'm waiting on 6 weeks today. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
I ordered on 4/4 and it was delivered yesterday (5/21). :banana: About 7 weeks.

I know it was in-transit at least 10 days. Most likely more.

Sorry, no pics (camera busted).

One day reveiw - great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I ordered my Silver SLT-2 on April 12th and took delivery of it last night. What a great ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I am gonna have to go beat down my dealers door. Why do I need to wait another 5 weeks when everyone else has theirs already :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
Keith said:
OK, I am gonna have to go beat down my dealers door. Why do I need to wait another 5 weeks when everyone else has theirs already :banghead:
When did you order? If you ordered recently, you're probably getting a 2008, not a 2007. Because 2008 production doesn't even begin until late June, yes you (and I) will have to wait longer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
I have a VIN number! Getting closer! :blob:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope you are right LOACH. At first when I ordered, I did not care how long it would take. In fact the 1st month went by pretty quick. In the last week I am getting more anxious as I think it should be here within 2 weeks based on others experience. I will be disappointed if I need to wait another month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I placed an order Monday (5/21) and was told I would be getting an '07 wtih del. expected in July. My salesman told me the dealership already had orders in the system & they could change them up until 5/21. Wnder if in reality the wait will be less, or am I actually getting an '08?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
dssjinny said:
I placed an order Monday (5/21) and was told I would be getting an '07 wtih del. expected in July. My salesman told me the dealership already had orders in the system & they could change them up until 5/21. Wnder if in reality the wait will be less, or am I actually getting an '08?
I would be surprised if your order is filled as an '07. Based on what I've seen in other threads on this forum, orders after about 4/17 are not being filled (mine included).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My dealer told me that my car is complete and in a bay waiting for the next rail car to our area. Does anyone know how long theirs took to deliver from point of completion to dealership? I am in WA state so am assuming it might take a bit longer due to distance. Not sure if I should plan on 1 week or 4.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
I originally ordered on 4/23. Two weeks later I was told that the order had been canceled due to a cutoff of 07 orders and would have to be reordered as an 08. I talked to the dealer on Tues 5/22 and asked if 08 pricing was yet available and was there any news setting a build date for our Acadia? He told me that they are still waiting on pricing and that GM will not even accept an 08 Acadia order until 6/1. I'm going crazy just waiting for even a little concrete info to hold on to much less actually being able to think about final delivery. For those of you also waiting on 08's, how are you coping?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I just put my order in on an 08 a week ago Tuesday. Talked with the salesman tonight and he said that the order had been excepted by GM (it pasted all the edit checks) and will probably be picked up by GM for production approval next week. After that he said it should move right along. GM isn't sending orders to the plant until next week and the first week of 08 production I believe is the middle of June ... would hope to have it by mid to end of July. I don't think it will be any sooner so just being patient and waiting. As far as pricing, it should be fairly close to the 07 since the 08 enclave is out and its priced competitively with the Acadia. It might go up because the XM radio will be standard in 08 but other than that no real change other than some minor software updates to fix some of the initial little glitches.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
tschmut said:
I originally ordered on 4/23. Two weeks later I was told that the order had been canceled due to a cutoff of 07 orders and would have to be reordered as an 08. I talked to the dealer on Tues 5/22 and asked if 08 pricing was yet available and was there any news setting a build date for our Acadia? He told me that they are still waiting on pricing and that GM will not even accept an 08 Acadia order until 6/1. I'm going crazy just waiting for even a little concrete info to hold on to much less actually being able to think about final delivery. For those of you also waiting on 08's, how are you coping?
This is fairly consistent with what my dealer has told me. Basically that they hadn't received allocations for '08s yet, so they couldn't put my order in yet. They were hoping to be able to do so yesterday or today but I haven't heard anything yet. How am I coping? By living vicariously through the folks on this forum that have their Acadias, and praying that nothing major goes wrong with my 10 year-old van before my Acadia arrives. I'm also setting my delivery expectations a little later - I'm thinking early August.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
I'm going to go freaking mental waiting for this thing. :help: If it doesn't show up today or Saturday, I'm probably screwed due to the holiday until the end of next week. Bye, bye May incentives, hello June? :banghead:

Ordered 4/10, have a VIN number, I can drive from SC to Maine in 17 hours (well Darlington to Maine) so where is my freaking Acadia! :binky:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top