GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
That sounds high. I believe mine is around 500-600 rpms.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Wouldn't be a bad idea.

·
Registered
659 Posts
coolsun20 said:
Should I wing by dealership and have it tune down..
I wouldn't, in my experience idle RPM can make a noticable difference in the AC getting is work done in hot summer stop and go traffic. The AC compressor performance gets pretty marginal at those RPMs. I have on several occasions over the years ,taken cars to dealers with AC complaints in traffic and had them raise the idle a hair. I don't think the fuel usage would even be measurable and personally I would prefer to have the AC maximized for the summer. Just my 2 cents as I live in a fairly hot area and I'm sure, as they say, others mileage will vary...

·
Registered
659 Posts
In addition, the idle in modern cars is often controlled by the computer in response to many differing variables (ext temp, engine temp, elec load, AC demand, emission mapping, etc ). It is generally not a simple adjustment in many of today's cars.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i am not sure in Todays cars but in some of my previous new cars the dealer told me that after a break in the idle rpms should come down, others have told me it should rise so this may be one that comes down after break in. But it is most likly that the new cars of today have a computer control that varies it depending on so many different varables.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts