GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple pics of a Deep Blue Metallic. Unfortunately the car was a little dirty (they better deliver my car freshly washed!). I did not take pictures of the very nice Titanium cloth interior, because I had just ordered leather, so it would not be reflective of what we are getting. Maybe I will swing back by the dealership next week and get the White, Red, and Silver also on the lot (they might have the brown now too) -- if someone doesn't post a sample of each of those.

I will post pics of the leather 2nd row when I get my car hopefully in 3 or so weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
So nice. Once again, pics just can't do this color justice. It's beautiful!

·
Registered
3 Posts
simply beautiful! I'm sort of torn between this color and the medium brown metallic. I'm leaning toward the brown...but after seeing this I just don't know! Maybe I'll have to get two. :D

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Having test driven a blue Acadia, I can say even these pics don't do it justice. Under normal lighting, it's a very deep, rich blue. It reminds me of the midnight blue used on BMW M3s. Although it's metallic, it's very dark, probably the darkest of all the colors (trying to mentally compare it to our Carbon). The GMC website pictures are a travesty. Of course they are simply photoshopped versions of the same pic, so it's just an artists rendition (much like the logo at the top of this website, although I think my photoshopped version of blue is closer than GMCs)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not sure, but if this is the same Deep Blue Metallic on my dad's '05 Silverado, then it is an AWFUL color. Although it looks nice on the top of this page and in some other pics on a saturn website, in real life the color is not nearly as good. My dad liked it in the showroom, and then ordered. However, after parking it in direct sulight in our driveway, it turns into a ugly purple color. It also shows lots of dirt. From personal experience, I don't reccomend this color, although all the other colors for the Acadia look great (especially the blue/gold metallic!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is Deep Blue Metalic and I think it is a great color. I live in S. Texas so I will let you know soon how the color holds up under harsh sun. (I park outside at home and work.)

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
can you post some pics?

·
Registered
25 Posts
This color looks similar to my blue chip on my cadillac CTS. I cant tell if its a darker royal blue or a blue with more of a aquamarine tinge to it. My wife wanted the blue chip so we went with that color over silver which i wanted. I like the color when it is clean. ;D but it does not stay clean for long :'(.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And so our car came today, and we got it tonight. Instead of doing the "too late for pictures", I will just post crappy pics taken about midnight. Already have adjusted the parking ball and the Acadia fits great in the garage, rear door can be fully opened when the garage door is open or closed.

The Stang never looked that tiny next to the Grand Cherokee, but the Acadia makes the 'Stang look like a clown car.

:blob:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
oooooo it's pretty. I would have gotten a deep blue metallic SLE if someone hadn't already gotten to it while I was shopping for others... ;D Can't wait to see more pix... IN THE SUN!

·
Registered
159 Posts
mitchl said:
And so our car came today, and we got it tonight. Instead of doing the "too late for pictures", I will just post crappy pics taken about midnight. Already have adjusted the parking ball and the Acadia fits great in the garage, rear door can be fully opened when the garage door is open or closed.

The Stang never looked that tiny next to the Grand Cherokee, but the Acadia makes the 'Stang look like a clown car.

:blob:
Hey now!!!! What is MYAcadia doing in YOUR garage!! Good looking ride man, congrats!

Ryan

·
Registered
473 Posts
luvmyacadia said:
Here in sunny (although not so sunny today) Southern California, my Deep Blue Metallic Acadia looks great! :thumb:
here the weather has been wikid. woke up early on a SATURDAY because my mother needed somthing picked up from a repair place 45 miles into the country were there are no paved roads all dirt roads. so anyway wake up look out side and it is SNOWING in virginia beach IN APRIL i mean come on the day i have to go way out of my way it snows. Thursday was 77 degrees WHY today. but ok so i think i will take the yukon and be just fine. but mom is up early too and wants to go shoping but i didn't feel safe leaving her in a convertable light mercedes benz to drive around in and she WILL NOT drive the acadia (i know crazy) but ok so i leave her the Yukon and i take the acadia and i am a litlle sceptical about the muddy dirt roads with no 4WD but the acadia preformed FLAWLESSY through all that mud and ice and snow This thing is amazing and i have FWD. so long story short the acadia is a GREAT MACHINE no slipping i didn't even have the DIC say traction active. it never needed it. GMC did a great job with this vehicle. :thumb:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here are some daylight photos of the new Deep Blue SLT2:

:dancing: :banana:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Michl,

You sure did a great job on these photos--thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Super! :cheers: :beer: I like the lake in the background almost as much as your Acadia. Lucky you. :dancing: :clap2: :clap: :banana:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
THANKS! It isn't the biggest house in town, or even on the lake, but other than our next door neighbor (you see the side of his house) and the big house across the lake, we have the best views (we might have THE best, because the sun sets over those trees 6 months of the year). I wasn't crazy about living in the city, I wanted to go out a few miles and get 10 acres or more, but living on the lake with the nearest neighbor (to the back ) 700 feet away is pretty sweet. Never figured that my wife's and my first house would be one we would be in for 20 or more years, but after five years now, we cannot even dream of a place we would rather be as long as we are in the same town.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts