GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, has anyone dealt with a fleet manager of a dealership when purchasing a vehicle. Found a website where they suggest that if you do competitive bidding between dealerships by talking directly with the fleet manager, you will get the best price. Was wondering if this really works and if so, what were the results?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought an Acadia 3 weeks ago. I had a fleet manager at one dealership going head to head with a regular salesman at another. They both came in very close in price and extras. I went with the salesman, because I liked the dealership better. However, I found as the month came closer to a close the deals got better. I ended up buying on August 29th. I would be interested in seeing if the end of the month made a difference to anyone else's purchase??

·
Registered
10 Posts
as with most dealerships - deals drive sales and sales drives deals :thumb: Now is a good time to get in the game as we are approaching a month/quarter end - the last Saturday of the month should be pretty aggressive and even more so because the month ends on a Tuesday (even with GMS as today on the radio I heard an ad from a large Chevy dealer in Chicago stating that they will beat any GMS incentive pricing by $500!!....and if you have a trade it can make the negotiations even more fun and rewarding if you have the time to shop around.... if you talk to enough dealers you can normally locate the ones that want to hit their quota or might be in bonus money for every extra car they sell....or perhaps your sale helps a rep keep his job as he is looking for a paycheck....good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts