GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing that really twirks me about buying cars, is the dealer has to put its logo on your vehicle b4 you leave the lot.... The Acadia is the 4th personal purchase for me, its also the first one that came with a dealer sticker on it, if its not bad enough they give you a dealer advertisement tag for the front, they give you a dealer advertisement tag holder (which will be removed before the month is over) but they also have to "stick" their crap on the but of your car.... well my vehicle was ordered so I really did not expect it to have dealer stickers on it, but when I got there............... there it was... not only is it an eyesore but they did not put it on there correctly, it is a bubble sticker, the corner is lifting off, and it has a bubble on the top in the middle... all that is, is a dirt collector..... i want to pull that crap off b4 it ruins my paint... any suggestions

·
Registered
57 Posts
Heat the areawith a hair dryer or heat gun to warm it up a little. Than dental floss and Goo Gone will take it off and clean it up. No damagae to paint.

·
Registered
659 Posts
In the future if you order a car, just tell them not to put one on up front. I have ordered numerous cars over the years and that has never been a problem if its discussed up front. Stickers are easy to remove with a little heat and it sound like they provided you a handy pull tab to start it with ...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Our sticker came by just pulling it off - no damage to the paint. The license plate holders were also off in a matter of seconds. Like I've said before if the dealer would like to pay me to advertise for them I'd be happy to but that will never happen.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I also ordered mine and told the salesman I did not want a sticker on the back several times before it came in and even put it in the emails I sent to him. Well when I picked it up it had one on the lift gate. I made them take it off incase they messed up the paint. He was not happy and gave me a lame story that the detail shop puts the sticker on to show the car is ready. What a crock of crap. I also gave them back their dealership name plate.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Two recent purchases... both times I told the salesman that the Dealer sticker on the paint was my pet peeve! Both times they gave me a vehicle with NO dealer sticker. (I told them they could put a license plate frame on it; that's easy to remove later!)

And I thought I was the only one who hated those things! ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
At least the stickers are better than the old days when they put the plastic dealer emblems on the car with what seemed to be cement.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Stipulate "no dealer tags" in your purchase agreement. Have it in writing...dealer sticker will void sale, unless cleanly and successfully removed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the good tips, i think I am going to call my salesperson to have them remove it b/c it is collecting dust as it was not applied properly

·
Registered
812 Posts
Traclavelook said:
Stipulate "no dealer tags" in your purchase agreement. Have it in writing...dealer sticker will void sale, unless cleanly and successfully removed.
thats the best way to avoid it.... mine was barenaked except for the GMC logos!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
395 Posts
For an ordinary vinyl sticker, a hairdryer is all you need. Mine came off in seconds.
(Purchased from Gay GMC, so the GAY sticker wasn't staying on there very long!
(Not that there is anything wrong with that))

·
Registered
249 Posts
jseck2 said:
For an ordinary vinyl sticker, a hairdryer is all you need. Mine came off in seconds.
LMAO!!!!!! You know I just HAD to Google that!

I would agree...I'm not sure I'd want this on the back of my car! ;D ;D

·
Registered
681 Posts
Traclavelook said:
jseck2 said:

You could have bought a Toyota at Menlove Toyota in Bountiful, Utah ;D
"The last of the little guys"

http://www.menlovetoyota.com/index.htm

·
Registered
681 Posts
johnway said:
Traclavelook said:
jseck2 said:

You could have bought a Toyota at Menlove Toyota in Bountiful, Utah ;D
"The last of the little guys"

http://www.menlovetoyota.com/index.htm
Forgot about their parts department - ;D ;D ;D

http://www.menloveparts.com

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
WOW, those are great. :rofl:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i guess i shouldn't feel bad w/ a dealers sticker on the back since its very plain

1 - 18 of 18 Posts