GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I get a call from my dealer this morning..."Your car is in." Awesome, I can't cantain my excitement. Although today was not convenient, for a number of reasons, I was able to get my parents to come watch my kids and get a ride to the dealership. I get there and my dealer says, "Let's go look at the car." Go to the car and it's Blue-gold. I ordered liquid-silver. He says, No, you ordered this color. I said no, but I like this color, so I'll consider it. Then, I see, no sunroof. "You ordered a sun roof?" I was like come on now. He said "Oh, there is a silver in back, that must be yours." Nope, SLT-II woth no DVD. So, he says, "Let's go look at the purchase order." 20 minutes later, he comes back. "Ok, we screwed up." This is the car we ordered for you but it was input wrong." I said, how does that happen, wrong color and a missing option. He says, "Yeah, we really screwed up." I said are you sure that my car isn't still coming in and this is someone elses? No, this is the order number. Well, something is fishy here. I think my car came in and they sold it by accident, and they are trying to pawn this one on me. In any case, we have to REORDER!!!!! OMG, r u kidding me. He said they will do whatever it takes to expedite. But, crap, I have to wait another 4 weeks or more. Crazy. I want this car now. And, my current lease is up in 1 month. So, I have a car for that long. He said they would give me a loner if mine does not come in. But who wants to wait this long....again. I'm going out of my mind. I am so disappointed. Someone, please cheer me up.

·
Registered
264 Posts
All i can say is hang in there it is worth the wait, but what a bummer dude. Maybe you can get them to take some off the price for the screw up!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, they looked in a 300-mile radius. Found one that was close, but 2nd row bench, no buckets. They'll keep looking.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That's a BUMMER!!! :lame:

Does the liquid silver have everything you wanted but the DVD? If so, we are dealer adding ours and it will be a little bit bigger. Maybe you could talk them into adding it for a severe discount or free because of their mistake. (Only problem with dealer added is you lose 5.1 surround, but kids are in headphones any way...)

·
Registered
75 Posts
steve, sounds like your dealer really blows.... :uzi: It's really aggrivating to know they have control over our emotions in delivering a **** car. When you finally do take delivery though, it will be well worth the wait. I ended up having to choose a different interior than I originally wanted but I am extremely happy with what I have...i can't imagine trying to wait it out for a whole month on order. I'd take a look at the other Acadia's they can get their hands on. One of them might just be a great substitute......

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Wow, that's unbelievable! 300 mile radius is the standard swap range for most dealers (including all of them I talked to). If you really pushed them, considering their screw up, you might be able to get them to expand their search to a 500-600 mile radius and eat the money it would cost to have the vehicle delivered. Of course, I'd do that search myself first just to make sure there's not something else out there very close to what you want. You can use this thread to help you search more quickly and efficiently - http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=13.0

Using those tips, I could search the inventories of every GMC dealership within a 600 mile radius of me in about 15 minutes.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Unreal. I would be livid with that dealership :angryfire: and probably even go to another one to place a new order if that's what it was coming down to.

It's crazy how I'm reading about dealers hardly having any Acadias. The one just across the street from me has 29 Acadias in stock.

They have a two Liquid Silver SLT 2s in stock with the DVD, navigation, sunroof and trailering package. One has the 19" wheels.

It looks like they have every color available in stock... there's a white diamond SLT2 and a blue gold SLE1 (man I wish they would have had that blue gold SLE 1 in stock when I purchased! heh).

Maybe my dealership is just moving them faster than others and so they keep ordering them. I dunno. I just think it's unreal how I read about dealers only having 1 or 2 on their lot when mine has 29 of them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
:rant: Unbelievable!! I hope that the dealership is going to compensate you by knocking down the price a bit. It's the least they could do for their mistake!! Good luck steveski2...hope that it works out and that you get your Acadia soon!!

My dealership is starting to get a lot more in stock too! They went from having less than 10 and now their inventory is usually between 20 and 30.

Louise

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Did you get aprint out of the order??

Tell them to expand the search and eat the cost for shipping the car or you will contact BBB and file a compaint against them.

If you have the order you could file for deceptive business practices if the really swapped out the car on you.

·
Registered
659 Posts
You are very likely correct about them selling it to someone else. If the right "mark" comes along for them it can be worth thousands more than they are making off of you. There are are still a few people out there who not only believe MSRP means something but even believe those "additional dealer markup" stickers. To the dealer, the cost of putting you in a loaner for a month can be just a few hundred.

·
Registered
497 Posts
If it was me, I would demand my money back, if you have any deposit with them...and then go work with another dealer. I agree with comments from others about expanding search. This dealer ought to be moving heaven and earth to get you YOUR Acadia by every means possible.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know first hand what can happen. The first dealership we visited had an SLT-2 Brown Metallic which at the time we were interested in buying, however, we were told that it was already pending in trade to another dealer. When the dealership realized were were ready to buy that day, all of a sudden they found a so-called "error" in the paperwork from the destination dealership and basically re-sold the vehicle to us on the spot. They said something to the effect that they will always go with a sure deal/money-in-hand for their own dealership over any agreement for a trade with another dealer.

Which leads me to my current dilemma. We ended up not taking delivery on the Brown Metallic (above) and went to see what another dealer had on their lot. In the end, about a week later, after really determining the colors and options we needed/wanted, we were going to go with a White Diamond/Ebony SLT-2 already "ordered" with a build date (originally ordered for the dealership owner's wife), however, the salesman found another White Diamond but with Brick interior which was "already in transit" to another dealer and we would be able to take possession much sooner. Probably "within ten days" if they could make a trade. Well, this all leads me back to the beginning, with me on the receiving end of whatever the destination dealership decides to do - make a deal for his own dealership or honor the trade with my dealer.

I have to tell you, after waiting almost three weeks and still no info/sighting on where exactly my vehicle might be, I am seriously entertaining the idea of waiting for the Enclave and then deciding on which to purchase. My husband really likes the Enclave better anyway!

I noticed the dealership cashed my $1K deposit within a few days of confirming the vehicle was ours....but still no Acadia.......Can I ask for my money back at this stage? :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Funny thing along the same lines happend to us... but our result is hopefully going to be better. We went to our dealer on Saturday and went in prepared to order exactly what we wanted. We were either going to get the Blue-Gold Crystall or the Liquid Silver. We went in, drove them again, fitted the cars seat in the buckets (fit well with the seat reclined I might add), and made our decision. On our way in to go order our vehicle my wife saw a liquid silver all cleaned up (no dirt or salt on it) shining in the sun and fell in love. Just for grins the dealer did a search on what we wanted and found one in MA (we are in NH). The one she found was exactly what we wanted (SLT-1 with convenience, towing, and Heated Wipers). I guess policy is to not swap on weekends so we had to wait until yesterday to find out if the vehicle was ours. Needless to say my rep called me yesterday am to tell me that although the Acadia shows up on the other dealers inventory they are telling her it has not arrived. I thought this was suspicious so I did my own search and found the vehicle and inquired on it via e-mail. Sure enough the internet rep called me in 5 minutes and told me they have that vehicle and wanted to know if I wanted to come drive it. I told him I would get back to him as I am 100 miles away. So I called my dealer and they were shocked!! Supposedly they do swaps with theses guys all the time. My dealar called the swap manager again and they still denied having the vehicle. She asked well then why did they tell her customer that it was there and to come drive it? He said the salesman was doing his job and would tell me it sold right before I got there. Anyways, I called back the dealer in MA and he asked (I think he was out of the loop with my dealer and the swap manager) if I wanted to come down. I said well before I commit I want to find out how many miles are on the vehicle? He said not problem and put me on hold. I wwaited 5+ minutes and he came back ans asked me if I was working with another dealer in NH and I said yes, but they were told the vehicle had not yet arrived. He said they have decided to release it to my dealer to sell to me. They got caught in a lie that will probably haunt them now (my dealer has a lot more inventory then they do, and will now most likely be reluctant to swap). Had they just been up front on not wanting to give it up they would be in better shape now.

Anyways, sorry to rant, but I thought it was pretty funny. So tonight we head to the dealer to take delivery. Hopefully they don't crash it on purpose on the way up :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts