GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back, I took my Acadia in for it's first service. There were many little things that were fixed and a few bigger things that weren't fixed or actually made worse. The biggest one being that the rear AC does not work at all. I have bought thermometers and measured the temperature- it blows at 85-90F and the dealer actually wrote on the ticket that this is "normal- AC can be up to 30 degrees warmer in the rear". I feel that they made no effort to investigate my concerns and simply dismissed them. Based on this statement and the other problems, I question their technical competance and decided that I will never return there for service.

So, I took it to another dealership to get these things fixed and they refuse to accept it for service. They tell me I have to go back to the first guy and get them to make it right. Anyone ever heard of this? I believe in "voting with me feet". If the first guy does me wrong, I go somewhere else. They said I could contact GM but I can't believe they would force me to use someone I have been unhappy with from the beginning. Shouldn't I have a choice?

·
Registered
87 Posts
jseck2 said:
..So, I took it to another dealership to get these things fixed..
Did you tell the second dealership that you had already had these items "repaired"? I guess I would have gone in and said "my rear A/C blower is putting out hot air. Please fix it." (without mentioning I had it in before..). I hope you're not going to say they had complete records of your prior service at the other dealership up on the screen before you even pulled up..

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I did tell them that they were all unsatisfactorily repaired before. I believe the lemon laws require that you show it is in for service for the same item x number of times. (Not that I plan to pursue a lemon law case but wanted it documented that this was the 2nd time for the same items).

·
Registered
251 Posts
"No thanks. We're not interested in winning over any of our competitor's business today."

There's a word for that. Several, actually. But for today, let's just call it :crazy:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I can't imagine why it would make any difference which dealer you took it to, as long as all service was documented. :eek:hno: Have you let the General Manager of that dealership know that they suggested you go back to dealer you were not satisfied with?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Actually, when I owned my '03 Vue, it constantly had throttle problems. I had it looked at twice by my regular dealership, which unfortunately was closer to where I worked than where I lived. So on one occasion I brought it to the Saturn dealership down the road from my house. They were sister dealerships owned by the same guy. I was told that I would have to bring it in to the other dealership since they started work on the problem and it was under my extended warranty. I was livid at the time because I just wanted the thing fixed already. So reluctantly I brought it back to the other place where it had to sit because the parts they needed were at the dealership closer to my house. Go figure. They ended up replacing some parts covered under warranty, but not the throttle issue and I was facing a $2,300 repair job. I ended up trading it in for an '06 Vue at the dealer by my house.

Probably info-overkill there. LOL I don't understand the reasoning really behind why the first dealership must complete the job, but it does happen.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Web Raven said:
I don't understand the reasoning really behind why the first dealership must complete the job, but it does happen.
That's just wrong of them. It totally contradicts all the hooey about how your warranty coverage is supported by X number of dealers throughout the country.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
rudykizuty said:
Web Raven said:
I don't understand the reasoning really behind why the first dealership must complete the job, but it does happen.
That's just wrong of them. It totally contradicts all the hooey about how your warranty coverage is supported by X number of dealers throughout the country.
I was in my extended warranty by then and I was told that was specific to that dealership... but I agree, it was ridiculous. Especially since the dealers were owned by the same guy. I think they just didn't want to deal with a problem that obviously couldn't be properly diagnosed, let alone fixed.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I decided to take gbshulers advice and will take it to a third dealership just stating "please fix a, b, c, etc."

I probably won't go back to either of the first two guys. Fortunately, there are many more within 25 miles or so to choose from.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Web Raven said:
rudykizuty said:
Web Raven said:
I was in my extended warranty by then and I was told that was specific to that dealership... but I agree, it was ridiculous. Especially since the dealers were owned by the same guy. I think they just didn't want to deal with a problem that obviously couldn't be properly diagnosed, let alone fixed.
Could be......was the warranty a GM Protection Plan?

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you go in there and act a fool, they can refuse you, but just based on the fact that it wasn't fixed right somewhere else is BS. We often get vehicles in that "nobody else" could fix and we gladley accept.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I spoke to the third dealer and told them a, b, c, etc need to be fixed and didn't mention that someone else didn't get it right. I've got an appointment for Monday morning. We'll see how they do.

·
Registered
524 Posts
When they punch in your vin it will show on your service records, but that shouldn't matter. I changed dealers for my service because I didn't like the old one, and the new one didn't say a thing accept, "thanks for comming back". After all, they get paid by GM to fix you car under warranty.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I traded in a GMC Canyon to the dealer that said they couldn't duplicate my problem with the creaking and squeaking of the front end. I figured they couldn't reduce my trade-in because their service records said it was OK.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts