Convenience Package
Dual Skyscape Sunroof
Trailering Package
Power Liftgate
Carbon Black Metallic
MSRP - $39640
Invoice - $36839
Quote from dealer - "$36715, which includes $1500 in factory rebates"

I am thinking I should offer $36715 before any factory rebates. My other question is I do not own a GMC vehicle of any kind currently, so if I am not mistaken I think I will only get $500 in rebates not $1500. Anybodies opinions would be most appreciated.

Eric

·
Registered
43 Posts
The deal you were offered was not a good deal at all. Your Idea was the right one. Offer them $36700 before any rebates, which I do believe will only be $500. At that offer the dealership will be making about $1200 to $1600 profit on the Acadia. There are many discounts that the dealerships get that aren't on the invoice that you see, such as hold back, advertising incentives and more. So contrary to popular belief, the invoice is not the cost that the dealership pays for the Acadia. The true cost is much less.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
There is a $1000 Conquest rebate if you own a 1999 or newer non-GM car. You should be getting that in addition to the $500 general rebate. So $1500 is the correct number, as long as you own a 1999 or newer car of any make.

Agreed that the deal they offered you is not a good deal, but I doubt you will be getting below invoice before rebates with the strike going on and inventory getting tighter by the day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, so I received another quote from a dealer on the following:

2008 Acadia AWD SLT2
Dual Skyscape Sunroof
MSRP - $40315
Invoice - $37606
Quote from dealer - "$37813, which includes $500 in factory rebates, but is before $1000 rebate for owning a 1999 or newer NON GM Vehicle", so then the price would be $36813 plus tax, title. I was told this was their bottom price which I am not sure I believe. I offered invoice, $37600, before any rebates/discounts which would bring the price down to $36100 and am still waiting to hear. What do you guys think??

Eric

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the dealer has any kind of lame local or regional marketing fees, then I think you've gotten near the bottom. If you assume that they pay 1% of MSRP towards advertising, that puts it at 38k or so. Minus incentives, that puts you at 36.5k - only $313 off where you stand.

Thats about where I landed with my dealer on the Carbon SLT-2 I brought home the other day. And believe me, I squeezed them non-stop for a month on a Acadia that sat on the lot for 45 days. They were motivated to get rid of it, but they stood firm to the invoice + 1-1.5% marketing fee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts