GMC Acadia Forum banner

Dealer Allocation WTF????

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  kanderna 
#1 ·
I called my dealer in Wyoming and he told me he wouldn't have allocation until late July or August :banghead: Why do dealers in Denver have allocation but smaller dealers in Wyoming don't? Can someone explain how dealers get allocation at different times? I understand smaller dealers would obviously get smaller allocations but to get the allocation later seems crazy. :confused:

#2 ·
Maybe all of his allocations are already spoken for.. or he already ordered all of his allocations. Could be that smaller dealers are further down on the list.. I really don't know.. just throwing out possibilities.

#3 ·
KBacon said:
Maybe all of his allocations are already spoken for.. or he already ordered all of his allocations. Could be that smaller dealers are further down on the list.. I really don't know.. just throwing out possibilities.
I know his allocation isn't spoken for since I'm first on his list. He actually told me he wouldn't get allocation until late July or August.

#4 ·
Allocation can be based upon: previous year's sales history, market opportunity, dealer performance, ranking, certifications, dealer awards, etc.
Any of these things can influence what or when a dealer can get a vehicle.
I would venture to guess that a smaller dealer would not have the "pull" of a larger dealership.

#5 ·
maybe its time to look for another dealership... i always have one for reserve just in case.... ;D

#6 ·
SioXie said:
maybe its time to look for another dealership... i always have one for reserve just in case.... ;D
I hate to bail on a dealer that has treated me so well, but I have started talking to a dealer in Denver. I just don't know if I can get the same deal from a dealer in Denver (invoice plus a killer deal for trade on my Grand Am).

#7 ·
coloradoGM said:
I hate to bail on a dealer that has treated me so well, but I have started talking to a dealer in Denver. I just don't know if I can get the same deal from a dealer in Denver (invoice plus a killer deal for trade on my Grand Am).
As long as you're already talking to them, doesn't hurt to say "Hey, here's the deal I have on the table... can you do any better?" Maybe include some small detail you don't like about it... say if it includes an Advertising Fee or something. You say you got a killer deal on the trade... maybe you want to act unhappy about the amount and see if the Denver dealer can do better on the trade?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.