GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, well I've been looking at the GMC Acadia for a week now, I hadn't been in the market for a new vehicle, but a week ago, my vehicle was totaled out in an auto accident. Obviously with safety as my number one concern, I began to look around. Finding the 5 star crash test ratings, standard side curtain, side impact and dual front airbags with roll stability control standard, I felt I found a winner. So although I'd like to wait for the 2008 models to come out an buy, I just can't go carless that long. So after searching North Carolina from stem to stern I've finally got an offer I'd thought I'd get double checked. (BTW I was looking for an SLE FWD with only the 6CD Player Package and the Trailering Package, didn't need anything else)

2007 Acadia Deep Blue Metallic Exterior / Ebony Cloth Interior FWD SLE

7 Passenger Seating
Preferred Package
6 In-Dash CD Audio Package
Trailering Package
XM Satellite Radio

MSRP: $31,859.00
Invoice: $29,639.00 (According to NADA)
Rebates: $1,500.00

Their Offer: $30,258.69 with Tax, Title and Doc Fee.
(3% Tax, $55.00 Tag, and $289.00 Doc Fee)

I think this equates to $28,999.90 before Tax, Title and Doc Fee.

So that would be about $860.90 above invoice before the rebates were applied.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not an expert but seems in line. I would price it out on Edmonds.com to be sure. I think the majority of us are getting our Acadias between $500 and $1000 over factory invoice. You must be getting a military discount. Thanks to you or your family member for their service to our country :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Unfortunately for me, that's definitely less than I paid for my Acadia and you have way more options than mine. :-\

I'd venture to say you're getting a good deal! Plus,the Blue Metallic is an awesome color. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So this vehicle is actually on the other side of the state, and I was working with a local dealership who was intending on trading for this vehicle. When I gave them to go ahead to begin the trade they found out that the dealership had 'Sold' it. Bummed I called the dealership that owned it and asked about it. The internet sales manager stated it was still in stock. I told him about the offer from my local dealership and he stated he'd take another $800 off the OTD price! So although I'll have to go pick it up, it seems worth it to save $800. Anyway, I'd go buy it this weekend but I can't as a personal problem has arisen and I may not be able to purchase a car for another year (I may deploy to Iraq.), No sense it buying a new car to put it in storage. So if thats the case I'll just order an '08. Just too bad as this is one hell of a deal.

Rebates: $2,500.00

Their Offer: $29,458.69 with Tax, Title and Doc Fee.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Dang! Horrible timing. Sorry to hear that. Maybe when you get back all the bugs will be worked out.

Good luck in Iraq

·
Registered
425 Posts
Nolan said:
So this vehicle is actually on the other side of the state, and I was working with a local dealership who was intending on trading for this vehicle. When I gave them to go ahead to begin the trade they found out that the dealership had 'Sold' it. Bummed I called the dealership that owned it and asked about it. The internet sales manager stated it was still in stock. I told him about the offer from my local dealership and he stated he'd take another $800 off the OTD price! So although I'll have to go pick it up, it seems worth it to save $800. Anyway, I'd go buy it this weekend but I can't as a personal problem has arisen and I may not be able to purchase a car for another year (I may deploy to Iraq.), No sense it buying a new car to put it in storage. So if thats the case I'll just order an '08. Just too bad as this is one hell of a deal.

Are you one of the 35,000 that was mentioned in the news today to be deployed to Iraq?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thanks for your service and Godspeed to you. I was part of a call up during Desert Storm but we never went over, they called off the advance towards Baghdad. I only wish we had completed the task in Iraq back in 1991, we would not be having the issues we are now, that is for sure. The resistance would have been minimal, there were not insurgents waiting for us back then and Al Qaida was not really a threat back then either. The Acadia will be available when you get back and might be better off with more options available and all the quirks worked out. :thumb:

·
Registered
230 Posts
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY! :thumb:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nolan said:

I'D SAY :angel: HEAVEN WAS SMILING ON YOU. WOULD HAVE BEEN AWFUL TO JUST SIT IT IN STORAGE. BLESSINGS TO YOU. MY BROTHER ALSO, MAY BE A PART OF THIS 35,000. THANKS FOR ALL OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN DO.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone for thir support. The military has placed me on a 60 day delay while they try and analyze if they are going to need to recall me after all. So since I don't want to rent a car for the next 60 days...I went ahead and took the deal! I had to drive 250 miles to go get it, but boy was the drive home a blast! I bought it on friday and used it for the weekend to travel all over...I went from 7 miles to close to 500 miles in thee days! Anyway, I absolutly love it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congratulations, Nolan! I hope you get to stay home and keep enjoying your new Acadia.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Congratulations! It's definitely a fun vehicle to drive.

I also wanted to join the others by thanking you for servicing our country.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Nolan - God speed and return home safe and sound!!! Thank you and everyone who has served to make this Country what it is today and giving us the freedom we enjoy!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts