GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son was riding in the back seat and rolled the window down next to him. I was driving 50-55mph and the wind blowing through the window made a deafening vibrating sound! It was killing my ears and even the rearview mirror was vibrating! I tested this out and if you have one or both rear windows down the sound is unbearable, but if you roll down a front window just partially it will stop.

This is not a big problem, but I just wonder if anyone else has noticed this?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes, I have also, it is called wind buffeting, and it is not exclusive to the Acadia. My 2004 Grand Cherokee also did this and so did our New Beetle with one window down. Cracking the front window will usually relieve the buffeting which can be better or worse based on speed, direction of any wind etc.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Same thing happens to me. Not the first 4 door vehicle I have had this issue with.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Most vehicles will do this same thing... It startles you the first time it happens that's for sure... My Avalanche, HHR, Silverado, Acadia, My dad's Mountaineer... You get the idea. 8)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
We call it "sonic boom". I use it to torture my teenage son and his friends. When they are in the back, I roll one window down and then lock them so they can't roll it back up. LMFAO Of course, I don't do that for long cuz it does friggin' kill your ears.

·
Registered
110 Posts
happens with all cars... watch your front windows and door seams when you do it... Shakey Shakey!!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,609 Posts
LOL, when I first saw this post I thought it was about the tailgate window!!!! ;D

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is particularily unbearable in the Lambda models. A power window option for the liftgate window might relieve this but the wiper would have to be removed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Cracking the sunroof or front window will fix this problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts