GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to this 09 3.6 and I can not get it to run on all 6. I’ve changed with used good parts and two new spark plugs and fuel Regulator and high pressure fuel pump is new and I still can get it to fire. It has good spark and I swapped good injections in it too. It has great Compression also.

Need some help!?

·
Super Moderator
19,085 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Are you saying the engine won't start at all, or just that it runs but misfires?

·
Super Moderator
19,085 Posts
The only thing not mentioned is the coil pack. If there's a crack in it, or the inside is contaminated, the coil's spark would 'leak' to ground in the cylinder head instead of going to the spark plug tip.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
The only thing not mentioned is the coil pack. If there's a crack in it, or the inside is contaminated, the coil's spark would 'leak' to ground in the cylinder head instead of going to the spark plug tip.
That was my first thought but the OP's posts do not make clear what is wrong. First post states it has good spark while next post says it is not firing. Not sure how that can be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve swapped the coils around and I’ve swapped the Injectors around. I have spark and the spark plug is wet when I pull it out. I check the wiring going to the coil and I checked the wiring Harness going to the injector everything checked out good. But it’s not, it still missing on cylinder 6

·
Super Moderator
19,085 Posts
There is no spark if the spark plug is wet with gasoline, unless the injector is pouring fuel into the cylinder. Check the coil and injector wiring all the way back to the ECM. See if there's a bad connection along that part of the harness.

·
Super Moderator
19,085 Posts
Just because you see a spark doesn't mean it's strong enough to create proper combustion in the chamber. A weak spark can be snuffed out before the fuel/air mixture has a chance to detonate.

·
Super Moderator
19,085 Posts
Maybe the coil isn't getting enough electricity for it to make a strong enough spark. Check the wiring from the ECM to the coil. Could be something as simple as dirt/corrosion on a connector pin. If that doesn't solve the problem, you should find someone with a good diagnostic scan tool and knowledge of how to use it. I'm out of suggestions of measures to take for resolving the problem.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
It sounds like you have ruled out a spark issue. Pretty much sounds like the injector is staying open and flooding the cylinder.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
If you have a wet plug that smells like gas and you know you have spark almost has to be an issue with the injector allowing too much fuel. Doesn't necessarily mean a bad injector.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts