GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imgntht had requested a picture of the de-badged booty...so I added the pic to my others in the Picture Share...but thought I would add it to here under it's own topic for others considering wiping their bums too! ;D

Pretty simple procedure...some monofilament fishing line and some citrus goo gone...then a little wax...and all is good! Actually the letters came off the paint much easier than the chrome. I didn't have to use any cleaner on the paint...the adhesive rolled off with a little friction from my fingers.

I love the clean look...and I have de-badged all of my cars! People are always wondering...what is it...who makes it...and they are always trying to catch up and see what it is! ;)

Good Luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ya, I have done the same. I used a heat gun and some goof off then i cleaned, sealed and waxed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
gmcjovi said:
i think it looks stupid thats the best part of having a gmc acadia to let every body know what your driving.
uh, no it's not. debadging is the way to go, allways.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I never understood the whole de-badging thing. I know alot of older 3 series beamer people would do it because the rear looked like a 5 series so people though they had that so they looked "cool". IMO it looks like they forgot to badge the car when it left the lot, not someone took it off

·
Registered
683 Posts
My wife feels the same way about this. She thinks it makes the car look like trash...like someone stole them or like the last poster wrote, forgot to put them on. She associates it with any beat up POS that had badges half broken or falling off from years of neglect.

I, on the other hand, have just liked the look of a clean smooth body line of the car. I appreciate cars for the design not the badges that reside on it. I also place a value on the benefit to washing/polishing/waxing a car and not having to snag my microfiber towels on the corners of the badge or see the dirt and wax residue build up in the tiny crevices that are impossible to get your towels. I could purhase little swabs to do this, but isn't it just easier to avoid having to do so in the first place?

For the Acadia I was looking mainly to just remove the GMC logo from the chrome and leave the rest for now. I don't mind the side emblems and seeing the AWD badge on the back. ;D The GMC just seemed a bit large for the space.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think it looks cool. Not for my rig but cool nonetheless.

Kinda reminds me of some roadsters with no door handles, etc.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I think it gives it a nice clean line and makes the people behind wonder what a beautiful looking SUV that is! I never thought about DeBadging, but looks like a nice rear to me.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Not for me. Nothing that screams "Pimp my ride" for us!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Oh, to each there own! LOL!! If you all like that look, then do it. It is just not for me.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Mama2girls said:
Oh, to each there own! LOL!! If you all like that look, then do it. It is just not for me.
Hey it wasn't my post about taking the badges off.

Aren't you supposed to be in Las Vegas picking up the Acadia?

·
Registered
389 Posts
We are still not sure...maybe I will pmail you.

And don't get someone else mad about hijacking a thread!!!!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
You could've flown to Vegas, bought the car and been on your way back today. Just kidding with you of course. Still have reservations huh? Good to get those cleared up before you do anthing.

·
Registered
389 Posts
BBC, I emailed you.

·
Registered
812 Posts
debadging is way better than rebadging your ride with another brand's logo.....like the ones i see on the street sometimes!!! "oh is that the new BMW 3 series coupe???... never mind its just a Honda!" LOL ;D

·
Registered
683 Posts
I was just thinking about putting the Type R [/color]Badge next to Acadia on the sides :tard: Hahaha! I'm sure SioXie knows what I am talking about here. :thumb:

·
Registered
812 Posts
imgntht said:
I was just thinking about putting the Type R [/color]Badge next to Acadia on the sides :tard: Hahaha! I'm sure SioXie knows what I am talking about here. :thumb:
im sure am.... LOL!!!! NOW who would have the courage to do that and post sum pics??? ;D

·
Registered
251 Posts
SioXie said:
debadging is way better than rebadging your ride with another brand's logo.....like the ones i see on the street sometimes!!! "oh is that the new BMW 3 series coupe???... never mind its just a Honda!" LOL ;D
I've seen elsewhere on the forum that some joker rebadged his Acadia as a Cadillac "Cadia" :eek:hno:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts