GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if some know about this or not.
When you start up the car, the daytime running lights come on. Turn your light switch to the left to turn them off, then press the Fog Light button to use the Fog Lights as Daytime running lights, looks cooler IMO.
Also when your normal Daytime running lights are on, I just noticed if you put your turn signal on, that side of the Daytime Running light turns off. So left blinker on, left DT light off. Unless my Acadia is screwed up, someone else test this out and let me know.
Also it seems if you wear polarized Sunglasses, the HUD is very hard to see, even at full brightness.

·
Registered
812 Posts
everything is pretty much normal..... no need to worry, DRLs will turn off automatically so as not to hamper your blinkers visibility!!! with regards to the HIDs not being too bright, its just your polarized sunglasses working its wonders. :thumb:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't have to "worry" about the DRL's shutting off when signaling on the Outlook. The turn signal (directional) is located next to the foglamps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a question on the daytime running lights. I have one that is blown and when I purchased the new bulb I noticed it was a dual filament bulb. Why?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Sonny said:
I have a question on the daytime running lights. I have one that is blown and when I purchased the new bulb I noticed it was a dual filament bulb. Why?
I don't know the reason behind using a dual filament bulb vs a single filament bulb, but only the low intensity filament (7W) is used for the DRLs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.